AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, silly question...

I have had my Z1 for a while now, and going to take a chance and do the upgrade myself.

One thing I noticed is that peopel are havign a hard time to remove the 4 screws for the tray. Does this tray have to be removed in order to hook up the IDE adapter? My IDE cable in my desktop is long enough that I just sit the drive next to it...

Thanks!

It doesn´t need to come off:) Only if you can´t connect the adapter or are changing the drive. Good luck! You should be fine.

The screws in general only strip if you are not careful and apply a little downward pressure with the correct size screwdriver. I accidentally stripped one screw, but I took a fine saw and made a groove on the screw, so I could unscrew it with a flat screwdriver.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 14 tib images. I can seed them if.....

Someone tells me how. I know how to download a torrent, but I've never posted one.

Also, I am in need of the upgrade for the xm logos and gracenote database. When I search for "xm" in the forum, I get no hits. I also can't seem to find anyone posting how to get the upgrade, only that there is one. anyone know if this upgrade for the XM shows all the new Sirius stuff?

I can be reached @ john_tsouris@hotmail.com

One last thing... why aren't these files posted to the net anymore? I haven't the energy to search why on the forums....

-J

There seems to be an firmware update for the Z3 in the Pioneer website, version number 3.100400. I have a Z1 that has been upgraded to a Z3. I was wondering if anyone experienced any adverse affect from this update. The current version in my Z1 is 3.100200. I think, the only reason for this update is to be able to upgrade to the latest gracenote version. I just want to make sure before I update it. The latest version for the Gracenote is 09-01-0020. Also, is there any newer update for the bluetooth nd-bt1? Thanks in advance.

There are no additional firmware upgrades available beyond Z3 for BT, etc. The latest firmware upgrade is only for gracenotes. Your Z does not require the firmware upgrade in order to upload the latest gracenotes database. Just burn it using nero and put the disc in the Z.

You don't need to do the firmware upgrade. The only thing the firmware upgrade 'fixes' is the ability to use Gracenotes cd updates. If your Z3 upgrade came from this site (or me), then your Z1 upgraded to Z3 will already be able to accept gracenotes updates. "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it" :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like i messed up. I now have a z3 HD in my z1 that was originally bypassed with the ducati device that I purchased through this forum years ago. Now even with my parking break on, I can not plan a route or watch videos. My Jetta GLI and Z3 is now just a music player with a map.

what do i do now?