AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

I wonder if the upgrade from disc destroys your contacts and songs already recorded. its not too hard of an upgrade and only costs 120 bucks according to pioneer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 800HD.Shop

i personally dont really use it for the mp3 ripping since you have to burn cd's with cd text. rather than rip a mp3 disc with 300 songs on it. ive just been using my iphone lately. too bad the stupide ipod unit doesnt recharge it. talk about lame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if a Toshiba MK4019GAX 40GB will work? Because I tried connecting it to my computer using the ide adapter and it does not power on but when I used a external usb adapter for an enclosure it works. So how am I suppose to unlock this hard drive. I've tried a different hard drive for the ide adapter and it does work but not for this model.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys!

I was speaking with Twin Que, who is very acknowledgable and advised to check about getting Hard Drives upgrades for the Z2/Z3 system.

After speaking with him, he advised to go with Z2 and just do a HDD upgrade.

Now, since we are in 2009, and I am going to ordering either Z2/Z3, I am still waiting on the prices in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

There are probably some changes to the maps boot up files, etc.

So, I am willing to pay via PayPal, if I can get 60 GB HDD drive (after reading numerous threads on this form) and I want to be able to store MP3s and have the latest updated maps. I have the DVDs, CNDV-800HD east & west (designed for Z1, Z2), will it work with Z3 to load the latest maps, I believe these CDs are new as Sept/Oct 2008.

Since I am new to this, and the thread starter is selling the HDD drives, what are my options?

Please advise & thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...