AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed the HD back in my truck and I got an error that say can not use HDD. What can I do now. Im leaving to go on vacation next tuesday and I need to get this back working. HELP from all please

what DID you do? Did you unlock it? Reimage it? What?

I just installed the HD back in my truck and I got an error that say can not use HDD. What can I do now. Im leaving to go on vacation next tuesday and I need to get this back working. HELP from all please

what DID you do? Did you unlock it? Reimage it? What?

I know that I unlocked it. I could get the security removal to work so I ended up paying $10. I really need your help Im going to shoot you a pm really quick. Im going out of town in a few days and I realllu really need to get this working. Thanks

ok I realize why I couldnt remove the security code. I was using version 2.0 of the magic boot disk when I should of been using version 4.5. Im going to try the drive now but I dont think it will work. Im having trouble with the acronis step. If I can get that down pack I think I will be good. If anything has changed in those steps, someone please inform me. brb.

OK OK OK OKAY. You guys can ignore all of my previous post. I was able to diable the security code using the correct version (can we edit that sticky on this). I have it back up and running and it says version 03.000. Is this correct? What else can I check to verify it?

ok. just installed the image this weekend:

Avic Z1, i put the image on TOSHIBA MK6034GAX 60GB 5400 RPM. Made the MSV partition 30G and disabled the lock.

i have the image downloaded from Torrent.

The new HD updated and installed sucessfully. All of my AV functions work perfectly. I have the new maps (2/2008). BUT several Navi menu functions do not let me select them or modify:

Address search

Scroll bars in the POI Search menu

Phone menu

Backgroud select

any way to enter and search for a destination is blocked.

My maps show me, track me, show whats around perfectly fine. if i do a vicinity POI search i can select and route from the list.

I could always just retry from scratch but figured i would see if anyone had any insight as to what might have gone wrong. I read through the thread and didn't see anyone else with my problem. Any thoughts are appreciated.

^^ Well, you didn't do the bypass, clearly.

crap, your absolutely right! that's all the symptoms. i'll bet mine is an early Z1 with the old bypass. i'll look into the FAQ and do the two wire.

just to be clear, if you've done the two wire bypass and then you change the drive and reimage the bypass is still in effect right? there's nothing you need to redo? mine was bypassed with my old Z1 drive and image but it was probably the old style and so wouldn't work with the update. am i on the right track?

OK OK OK OKAY. You guys can ignore all of my previous post. I was able to diable the security code using the correct version (can we edit that sticky on this). I have it back up and running and it says version 03.000. Is this correct? What else can I check to verify it?

I wonder if this is why I can't see mine when I try it. I too paid the 5 bucks to clean wipe/unlock my stock HDD. But when I rebooted, I was unable to get my comp to recognize my HDD. It simply would not see it. I even tried using my USB adapter. I'm at a conference out of town at the moment, but when I get home I will give it a shot. Good tip. We should ask them to update the stickied thread.

Just a heads up, after downloading the image numerous times (probably 6, once through bittorrent, 3 times over ftp, and 2 over http) and constantly getting a "image is corrupt" error, the image would not pass validation on my 64 bit version of Vista ultimate, but worked fine on my 32 bit laptop.

I feel dumb for not thinking of it first, but i copied the folder i got through the torrent over to my 32bit vista laptop, both using the same version of Acronis (i actually use it for my own data backups/OS restore) and it worked. I searched for this problem numerous times and found nothing on it, so hopefully if someone else runs into it they will know what to try.

Also, thanks for the image, currently seeding the torrent, but my upload is only 40kB/s so i'm not much of a help...

I wonder if this is why I can't see mine when I try it. I too paid the 5 bucks to clean wipe/unlock my stock HDD. But when I rebooted, I was unable to get my comp to recognize my HDD. It simply would not see it. I even tried using my USB adapter. I'm at a conference out of town at the moment, but when I get home I will give it a shot. Good tip. We should ask them to update the stickied thread.

Mine did the same thing and I spent about an hour trying to get my computer to "see" the now unlocked naked drive. After that hour of frustration, I opened up Acronis, it saw the drive, I pointed the files to it and let it run. After the load was complete, my computer then saw it.