AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

One of the forum members is providing them for $120, as stated in the first post.

Actually, seeing as though you've only made two posts and both have been advertising the ebay drive, motion for Ducati to delete those posts and ban.

First I'll like to thank everyone who worked hard on the Z3 upgrade. I did the upgrade on 40gb toshiba hdd. everything works fine at first til I put the cd in. Avic rebooted, so check around to see what's wrong and my avic is telling me I have 0% on hdd??? I took the hdd out and check on my pc and there's 19gb of empty space on MSV partition. So I changed it back to 9.5gb and samething. Than I reimaged the hdd with original(9.5gb) and the samething happened. If I turn off the recording the cd plays fine w/o reboot. What am I doing wrong??? Please help. Thanks.

Mine did the same thing and I spent about an hour trying to get my computer to "see" the now unlocked naked drive. After that hour of frustration, I opened up Acronis, it saw the drive, I pointed the files to it and let it run. After the load was complete, my computer then saw it.

BIG-FOCKER you are the man! Nice tip. It seems to be working now. I'm applying the image. I'll edit this post if it doesn't work, but All is going well at this point. I only hope that I can remove the security unlock feature on the HDD it when It's all said and done. That's ultimately the endgoal right?

Oh, and 45 gig uplaoded in Azureus so far. Keep downloading folks. I'll keep uploading. I know that's nothing compared to Hyprite, but I'm doing what I can.

HA!!! This is PIMP! It worked. phew. Load off my mind. ok, now I can finish completing Sheila and make it work the way I want it to.

Mine did the same thing and I spent about an hour trying to get my computer to "see" the now unlocked naked drive. After that hour of frustration, I opened up Acronis, it saw the drive, I pointed the files to it and let it run. After the load was complete, my computer then saw it.

BIG-FOCKER you are the man! Nice tip. It seems to be working now. I'm applying the image. I'll edit this post if it doesn't work, but All is going well at this point. I only hope that I can remove the security unlock feature on the HDD it when It's all said and done. That's ultimately the endgoal right?

Oh, and 45 gig uplaoded in Azureus so far. Keep downloading folks. I'll keep uploading. I know that's nothing compared to Hyprite, but I'm doing what I can.

Yeah once you're done with loading it, then definitely take the extra 10 mins to disable the security feature. It's free and will enable you to do mods in the future 8)

Here's another tip: I used the write up that was done by Pulp_Fiction found here http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728, well I followed it to a "T" and found that for some reason I could not get MHDD to actually run...there was a step missing (for my specific setup I guess).

Here's an excerpt from the writeup with my added step in there---

Connect it to the secondary IDE channel. Disconnect all other drives in your PC just to be safe (you want to be sure you are modifying the correct drive). Boot from the magic boot disk you downloaded.<<>> The only drive in your system should be displayed. In my case it is drive number 3. Press 3 and enter.

If no drives are displayed press shift F3 and the list should come up. Now press the number next to your drive.

You should be at a command prompt named MHDD> Type EID and press enter

This should display a log of information about your drive.

My PC is an HP Pavilion and I think I read somewhere that HP's acted different during this process...

Have fun with it!

B-F

Here's an excerpt from the writeup with my added step in there---

Connect it to the secondary IDE channel. Disconnect all other drives in your PC just to be safe (you want to be sure you are modifying the correct drive). Boot from the magic boot disk you downloaded.<<>> The only drive in your system should be displayed. In my case it is drive number 3. Press 3 and enter.

If no drives are displayed press shift F3 and the list should come up. Now press the number next to your drive.

You should be at a command prompt named MHDD> Type EID and press enter

This should display a log of information about your drive.

My PC is an HP Pavilion and I think I read somewhere that HP's acted different during this process...

Have fun with it!

B-F

agreed that the extra step you put in (typing mhdd to start the program at the first prompt) is needed - I had to do this on my Dell

Once I got a full trial version of Acronis, it was no problem. I went through 2 downloads that didn't work from the Acronis website. The trials were not fully functional. I tried this on a Vista machine and I don't know if it was Vista or the Acronis Trial that was causing the problem. Got my music partition up to 29.9GB and changed the splash screens. I noticed you can add your own bitmaps to the "PREINSTALL" folder for backgounds instead of burning a CD with JPEGs to load. Also, the preset pictures for phone ID - I changed the names in Notepad (make sure to keep all the same spacing (number of spaces) AFTER the name otherwise it messes things up. I'll bet you could add a bunch of stuff there too instead of burning a CD for people's pictures in your phonebook. Haven't tried this yet though.

Once I got a full trial version of Acronis, it was no problem. I went through 2 downloads that didn't work from the Acronis website. The trials were not fully functional. I tried this on a Vista machine and I don't know if it was Vista or the Acronis Trial that was causing the problem. Got my music partition up to 29.9GB and changed the splash screens. I noticed you can add your own bitmaps to the "PREINSTALL" folder for backgounds instead of burning a CD with JPEGs to load. Also, the preset pictures for phone ID - I changed the names in Notepad (make sure to keep all the same spacing (number of spaces) AFTER the name otherwise it messes things up. I'll bet you could add a bunch of stuff there too instead of burning a CD for people's pictures in your phonebook. Haven't tried this yet though.

For some reason if I add pics to the drive while it's hooked up to the pc or the laptop, I get an error when I try to view them on the Avic. It tells me that the file is corrupt..?!

wanted to know if there was any way to put music onto the hard drive via the computer instead of burning cd's and copying them that way

Thanks

no, but this is DEFINITELY the right thread to ask :roll:

sorry about that then, just thought i'd throw it out there

wanted to know if there was any way to put music onto the hard drive via the computer instead of burning cd's and copying them that way

Thanks

You're right Hyperite.

Not the best thread to ask in, but ...

research the Atrac format. that's the format the Z* rips as. It's not as simple as finding a something to rip it in the Atrac format. It has to be ripped just right. to my knowledge, no one has figured that part out. I myself have tried a few times, but could not find anything that worked. The time I spent converting and such, I could have burned a good quarter of my library to disc to trasfer as I drive around town. However, I believe there is a USB adapter that helps with this issue.

You could research that too. Let me know what you find out.