AVIC411.com

Version 2.0 is LIVE!

After updating the 2.0 error and folowing the instructions perfectly, I went to the next step and got this error "Bluetooth software is not found. Please put it on SD/USB. Any ideas? I reformatted the SD card and loaded the update on it again, but no joy.

Same thing here, anyone else get this?

I had to create a folder on the top level of my SD card called "Bluetooth Update" and transfered the three files from the bluetooth update v3.3 folder into the "Bluetooth update" folder. I got the same error when I copied the bluetooth update v3.3 folder to my SD card. Once I transferred only the three files into the new folder, it worked like a charm.

sorry guys, I found my mistake....I didn't RTFM...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone confirm if software bypass still works with this update?

Read the whole thread - specifically, p.4.

you read my question well, page 4 is about hw bypass, everyone is curious about sw bypass.

You are correct - my bad. I haven't seen any info as to whether or not the software bypass still works.

My god the web design people are idiots. Anyone look at the web page lately? It has the 2.0 update linked to the old july one AND they haven't updated the site other then that.

So short of the email, you tube video or avic411 etc, you would not be able to get the update as of right now.

I actually found out about 2.0 by clicking on the link on pioneer's website just to check and see if they had been slick about it and sure enough! In all fairness though once I saw the new version number I did come directly to avic 411 and proceeded to spend the evening reading posts and updating.

Hey guys i just found this forum and i purchased my 700 three weeks ago. I installed the new update last night everything downloaded fine but now i get the password screen come up. The problem is that the password screen i grey and i can't enter the password. Any help would be great.

Thanks Mitch

Just to rule out the simple stuff, is your handbrake on? (assuming not bypassed)

Did you try reset and eject combo buttons for a hard reset?

Boot time is faster, still unacceptable at 30 seconds. No other navigation system takes 30 seconds to boot.

Buttons are still laggy for a long time after bootup.

Overall, not a major improvement, except for cutting some time off of the boot.

I disagree. Boot time at 30 seconds is hardly "unacceptable", and that being a 30-35% improvement over the original is great. Buttons didn't seem laggy to me, either.

I'm pretty happy with 2.0 so far. Can it be improved more? Sure it can. Let's hope Pioneer keep delivering the goods.

What you find acceptable and someone else is different. I don't know how you can call 30 seconds of waiting acceptable when other systems are ready immediately. That is poor planning, poor design, and a poor product.

What you find acceptable and someone else is different. I don't know how you can call 30 seconds of waiting acceptable when other systems are ready immediately. That is poor planning, poor design, and a poor product.

Then call pioneer and return it like others on this forum have been able to do. Why does this forum have to bull of bellyaching for a product that has the potential that it does.

Hey guys, the software bypass does NOT work anymore, at least not for me. It appears to work at first, i don't get the parking brake error as soon as i hit 16mph like i do without the software bypass, but at some point during my drive, it will pop up. I did the update and SW bypass last night and had the msg pop up twice today (i drove about 5 hours today :shock: ). The weird thing is, if i go into the menus there will be things greyed out, but if i back out and go back in then they are available. So i guess the answer is it half works. If you don't do long highway drives like me it would probably work fine.