AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

It's not a big deal at all, however, I was wondering technically what's happening! If it's reading the gps how can it be that on the navigation screen it's "jumping" while on the satellite screen shot is increasing meter by meter, shouldn't it be the same?

anyway, again, not a big deal!

Indeed, altitude is derived from GPS data and can vary a few hundred feet even while sitting still. I know mine reads to the foot, i.e., 951 feet. It's possible that when set to metric, the avic does some rounding. Unless you are using the avic in an airplane, I don't think 50 meters either way is going to kill you. :-)

I noticed the same when I went into the GPS screen that it was accurate to the foot but rounds to 10 on the map screen. I also changed my units to km/m to see what happened and found it seemed to round to the nearest 10 metres.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

at least I know it's not only my problem!

Is there a way I can make a donation for some beers for you for all the work you have done and shared?

It's not a big deal at all, however, I was wondering technically what's happening! If it's reading the gps how can it be that on the navigation screen it's "jumping" while on the satellite screen shot is increasing meter by meter, shouldn't it be the same?

anyway, again, not a big deal!

Indeed, altitude is derived from GPS data and can vary a few hundred feet even while sitting still. I know mine reads to the foot, i.e., 951 feet. It's possible that when set to metric, the avic does some rounding. Unless you are using the avic in an airplane, I don't think 50 meters either way is going to kill you. :-)

I noticed the same when I went into the GPS screen that it was accurate to the foot but rounds to 10 on the map screen. I also changed my units to km/m to see what happened and found it seemed to round to the nearest 10 metres.

Regarding the questions about the elevation--I had the same issue and would actually see my home's elevation listed in tenths of a mile instead of feet--ie-1200' would display as .2 nm. So--I found Maverickster's data file (Data/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui) since he was clearly using gps elevation to display the elevation--and I found the code he used on the navigatemap_800_480.ui file and commented out GTIMatt's lines and replaced them with Maverickster's.

Here's the code and it's found in the following layer: (The bold is GTIMatt's and the underlined and bold is the line I added to makeit read GPS elevation)

;<> Start

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;Changed to only show if route present

;<> Start

;

;

;

;<> End

;

;

;<> End

;<> Start - Change info box to custom blue box

;

;<> End

;<> Start

;<> End

;<> Start

;<> End

The only thing is the Font and alignment of the elevation is slightly smaller looking and shifted slightly out of alignment with the info displayed below it on the AVIC.

Hope this helps someone.

New Version posted here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2ymvtmztmu

This version has added:

- A new custom subscreen under Navi Settings > Visual.

- Moved the US/Euro speed limit style option to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing turn restrictions to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu

- Cosmetic changes for full screen cockpit

- Added clip_planes.ini to common for better building visibility (I don't have buildings in my area so don't know what difference it makes, this was a request by another user).

Dude, seriously?? You totally freakin rock man. I didn't even know I wanted the option to turn off the tilt/zoom buttons!

FF

lol, well I never change the zoom or tilt on mine and found it annoying that whenever I touched the screen the zoom and tilt controls were displayed that I decided I didn't want them to display. I figured others might want them displayed so gave the option as I don't want people to not use my mod because I hard coded in something they don't like. I'm trying to make it as user customisable as I can!

Love your work so far ! Do you know if it's posible to read the unit's "Speed Pulse" and Gyro info from iGo ? I'm looking for a way to check if it's working correct.

Is there a way I can make a donation for some beers for you for all the work you have done and shared?

Believe it or not I enjoy doing this and was only too glad to share my work when people asked and I certainly don't expect any rewards for doing it, it is just great to be part of the community!

Having said that though I am running the London Marathon in just over a week for the charity Diabetes UK so if anyone wants to sponsor me then it would be very much appreciated!

http://www.justgiving.com/mattheaford

Done! I'm one of your sponsor for the marathon!

I did not choose the pioneer F900Bt, it came with my new car, but there are many things I did not like of it. I was about to sell it and buy something else when I found this forum, almost a months ago, and realized how many things can be done to improve the system.

You basically fixed all the things I did not like!!! That's way I asked about the donation! I'm truly thankful to you and the other smart people hacking on the piooner.... Anyway, glad I can contribute for good purpose!!!

keep up your work!!

good luck for your marathon.

Believe it or not I enjoy doing this and was only too glad to share my work when people asked and I certainly don't expect any rewards for doing it, it is just great to be part of the community!

Having said that though I am running the London Marathon in just over a week for the charity Diabetes UK so if anyone wants to sponsor me then it would be very much appreciated!

http://www.justgiving.com/mattheaford

I love your mods. I was wondering if you can make the clock bigger on the screen. I can't see that well so that would help.

Jfinley0

The trouble making the clock bigger is that it wouldn't fit nicely in the box at the bottom of the screen, if you can think of a place where a bigger clock would fit then maybe I could take a look for you.

Hey GTIMatt, i'm new to the forum and i purchased the avic-f90bt the other day and i have all the wiring in, but i was wanting to know just exactly how to bypass the parking brake wire, i've been redoing my system so its all torn apart right now because i'm hiding all my xm and such but i was wondering how to do that bypass, if you could email me or show me a post on here and give good detailed instuctions because it will be annoying if i can't bypass it, thanks man.

Hey GTIMatt, i'm new to the forum and i purchased the avic-f90bt the other day and i have all the wiring in, but i was wanting to know just exactly how to bypass the parking brake wire, i've been redoing my system so its all torn apart right now because i'm hiding all my xm and such but i was wondering how to do that bypass, if you could email me or show me a post on here and give good detailed instuctions because it will be annoying if i can't bypass it, thanks man.

if you look on the top of the screen, there is a link to "Wiki". It has it in there. There is also a forum talking about the bypass. Hope this helps.

Man I followed the directions to rewire the mute wire, works EXCELLENT, no probs at all. that's where i've been was dirving around testing it out, had to remount the xm and such. Wanted to hide everything good and make it look right ya know, i took a few pics of the install completed on my iphone, just gotta figure out how to get them on here, LoL I'll admit that was the longest most complex install i've ever done, well worth it though, VERY well worth it, thanks for the help you all on here know your stuff, i just asked one question and one person replied, LoL and fixed my problem, thanks for the info and all the help!!!! as soon as i can figure out how to get the photo on here i will, i'm brand new to the board, plus don't have them downloaded on the comp yet so ya know.

oh I forgot to add that this install is in an 06 Cobalt LS. Also got 4 JL 10w1v2's and a JL 500/1 in the trunk. Wanting to redo the install but might take a few pics of it and put it on here to show ya, before the install and then after the install. Thanks again for all your help everyone, thank you very much!!

I wanted to share this excellent site to download poi available in the avic-f series format http://www.poifriend.com/?show=highest . Now that I have a ton of poi was wondering if someone could give me directions on how to install these poi to show on the map and where to install. Also I have new icons for restaurants and so on and I would like the avic to display but I dont know how to do that as well. Also wanted to know if I add poi should it appear as an icon on the map for example tim hortons show up on the map without searching for it?

Thanks for all your help and especially to Matt thanks for the mod.