AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

I'll get the info out for it, but you have to release more versions then. You know once it's out, there will people who want it and those that don't care for it. Essentially you'll need to double the amount of all the different zips you offer. At that rate you'll need to hire a support staff to keep up. j/k

It should be configurable at run time.

Note, though, that the first advice to people running iGO 8.3 who experience crashes and iGO terminating for insufficient memory is to "turn the bloody scrolling text off" and after that everything works fine... :)

Knock on wood....I've been running the scroll for about ten days now and about 700 miles logges with and without a route. So far I've not encountered any issues with it. I have the 500 and primarily use it to navigate only.

Thanks for the info Boris. One thing I didn't do was attach an on/off setting to it, so if I start encountering problems I'll modify the file back. So far no blood :)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Boris. One thing I didn't do was attach an on/off setting to it, so if I start encountering problems I'll modify the file back. So far no blood :)

If it works it works... But it is known to create problems...

If it works it works... But it is known to create problems...

Hi Boris:

How can I set it up to have actual next coming road or city to go across top of map on the nav screen? Right now I get the current road on bottom and nothing on top when I am cruising. In route, I get the city that I am turning on route and current street on bottom. I am using your 3.0 data.

Thanks

Jimo

Hi Boris:

How can I set it up to have actual next coming road or city to go across top of map on the nav screen? Right now I get the current road on bottom and nothing on top when I am cruising. In route, I get the city that I am turning on route and current street on bottom. I am using your 3.0 data.

Thanks

Jimo

Umm, when you are cruising software has absolutely no idea what the upcoming street migth be (you could turn, reverse, stop, go into a driveway), so there's no upcoming road defined. When you are navigating, software knows what your next street should be so it can display it...

Hi,

how can I delete the points (blue ballons) that I have added pressing in the center of the volume knob? What are they? Thanks.

They are pin points(or markers)They allow you to return to a point to add POI'S or cameras etc.You can remove them by placing your cursor over them,enter the cursor menu(red dot within a red circle)and selecting remove pin.

Hi,

how can I delete the points (blue ballons) that I have added pressing in the center of the volume knob? What are they? Thanks.

They are pin points(or markers)They allow you to return to a point to add POI'S or cameras etc.You can remove them by placing your cursor over them,enter the cursor menu(red dot within a red circle)and selecting remove pin.

Thank you very much. I have my home address full of markers :( . I´ll try today. Thanks again.

When I select a POI, the Call button is not enabled. What do I need to do to enable the Call button for the POI?

Technically, POI needs to have a phoine number defined, and phone needs to be connected. I'll check if it is working, though.

I am having the same problem. The call button doesn't work for me either, even though bluetooth is connected and a phone number is present.

New update for Andr2000's version, Oct. 21, 2009

- Bug fix: if you start viewing saved speed log and start driving, did not automatically switch to current log.

+ Added drop-down menu with nearest POIs when clicking on a map (thanks to gurjon&DVS1).

To Configure: : Visual->Other->POI pop-up

- never - Does nothing (default, current behaviour)

- navigation - Only when navigating (POI search radius of 1 Km)

- plan mode - In Plan mode (POI search radius of 3 Km)

- navi+plan - Both when planning and navigating

+ About contains iGo release date + version and build number

+ Script formatting changed -- cleaning up.

When I select a POI, the Call button is not enabled. What do I need to do to enable the Call button for the POI?

Technically, POI needs to have a phoine number defined, and phone needs to be connected. I'll check if it is working, though.

I am having the same problem. The call button doesn't work for me either, even though bluetooth is connected and a phone number is present.

Mine has the same problem as well.

I loaded up the original AVIC 3.0 software and access some POI with phone numbers. They don't work either. So this is not a software mod issue but something it appears that Avic is controlling, or not..

- Bug fix: if you start viewing saved speed log and start driving, did not automatically switch to current log.

+ Added drop-down menu with nearest POIs when clicking on a map (thanks to gurjon&DVS1).

Working great, and the settings for Turn Restriction now work fine. Thanks so much!!

Working great, and the settings for Turn Restriction now work fine. Thanks so much!!

Cool :) But I didn't change anything related to the turn restrictions :)

Cool :) But I didn't change anything related to the turn restrictions :)

Weird.. I went back to the oct13th data.zip and its broke, the oct21st one works fine.. I'll take it either way. LOL