AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

If not where can i find the files to restore my unit to 2.0 with working bluetooth

Backup files can be found on the SD card you used to create them :evil:

Third sentence from the OP

Please make sure you have a back-up copy of your unit before you start. With this way below you will lose everything on your radio, Settings, Address, Radio Station..... ETC. You get the point.

Anyhow, have you tried updating the Bluetooth Firmware found on the Pioneer page:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 00BT?tab=F

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok so here's my dilema, I've upgraded everything I need too with some help from SootyLad on this forum...

He's using a 710BT and the updates and UK work fine on his unit.

I have taken an exact copy of his install and mods etc, however on my unit, my GPS can see 6 satellites, but they're red, and the when I click the map button, the map is pitch black.

It seems the GPS is failing to locate me and change the map etc?

Anyone got any ideas?

can someone please explain how to create backup files for your unit?

I'm going to second this one.. I did a search but didn't come up with much.. I may be hacking my X910BT this weekend and would like to know how to back it up before I get started..

TIA!

eGo

can someone please explain how to create backup files for your unit?

I'm going to second this one.. I did a search but didn't come up with much.. I may be hacking my X910BT this weekend and would like to know how to back it up before I get started..

TIA!

eGo

First post in this thread tells you how.

Use testmode provided there and copy your entire myflashdisk

I did the install with the files from megaupload that were linked on a previous page. The install worked but the "system startup" window does not dissappear. I can still use the unit and have verified that it is now version 3.0. How do I get the startup window to go away? I know I probably need to reinstall 3.0, but what do I need to do differently? I have tried it 3 times with the same result.

• 2 weeks later...
I also just noticed i have no working voice commands

When i press the large button in map mode i hear the normal beep but the voice command screen doesnt come up

:cry:

Oddly, I am having the exact same issue and thought it worth posting here. I did the upgrade to 3, then 3.0.1 and all seemed to be fine, but the voice command button does not do anything; as I said, however, everything else seems to be working fine. I am planning to restore and re-install and will report back my findings. I would like to sincerely thank everyone on this forum for all of the amazing work!

Ok, so the plot thickens: I restored back to 2.06 - or tried to anyway. When I restored the old files, the unit then refused to get past the system startup screen. Since there was nothing else I could do, I reinstalled 3.0 but did not do the 3.01 update and, viola, it works. Should I bother to try to do the 3.01 update or just leave well enough alone. In other words, is it worth my time to try that upgrade and risk having to go back and un/re-do it?

Thanks again to all of you on this forum, for everything you have done and continue to do! Oh, and by the way, I have an F700bt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new and from Holland (that is the reason for my bad English :oops: ).

The F900BT Europ is built in in my mobil home (camper) and is connected to a camera (rear-view) and TV.

I have try to day my European F900Bt upgrade to 3.0xxxx so I have reed in this item.

The firmware was 2.9 and CE give 5.0

But after "upgrading"start my 900 only with the pioneer screen and do not anything more/else?!?!

After a few minutes he restart automatic. :twisted:

I can put a CD in it and that is playing but you can stop and eject don't work!!

I have try to do al steps again but nothing

Have anyone a idea what I can do?? :idea:

I have also see there ar USA maps loaded ?!?!

Please help me.

Ron

============================

one day later!!

The problem is bigger I am afraid :-(

When I start up the system with the reset (reset, eject,map,menu) he coming with the blue choice menu

After a few seconds he reset (??) himself and come back with only a black screen.

When I am fast I can make the chose update CE and Update SD format. He starts but by 47% (+/_) he give the black screen.

I have format the SD card and use also a another one.

Nothing helps !?!? :cry::cry::cry:

Please help me.

Ron

========================================

Update.

I am a very little bit happy :(

He starts up. Coming with "Top menu" and then "System start-up in progress. Please wait" If I will I can use the radio BUT after a few minits he restart automatic.

I can not see check the configuration. I have the "ping" but he did't open.

Maybe are the reason from the US maps???

The problem for update CE en than stop after a few second and go black is also still there.

Please help me.

Greetings and regards

Ron

===============================

8mrt2010

He is working !!!! :shock::D:D:D:D:D:D:roll:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29761

Only the updute winCE I don't have try. But hy is working now.

Now I have looking for the Europ cards 2009/2010 :-)

Thinks to this forum.

I really am trying to use search. Search finds noting with "3.01". Is there a 3.01 Install HOWTO with the firmware download somewhere?

I also keep seeing both "3.01" and 3.1" and apparently 3.02 just came out, so my assumption is that everyone talking about "3.1" really means "3.01"? Could someone please confirm?

Thank you!

Does anyone have a different place to get 3.0. The link in page one doesnt work any more.

Thanks

Might want to try reading through the rest of the thread then...new links are in there somewhere =D

I spent days looking for these files to upgrade my unit, yet people can't spend a few minutes to read through the rest of a thread? :evil: