AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

Finally did the update. Thanks dragon24 and AVIC411. I had no issues at all another f700bt updated to 3.01. The guide isnt really that bad and it was REAL easy. Everything from the download to the install went smoothly for me. I used the 1 SD method because all of the files fit in a single 2gb card. For those who are having problems just use the one card method and place the testmode in as a folder and the image files in a folder as well and just have the 2 winCE update files in the root of the card.

M4T VW: your 4gb NON-sdhc card might not be compatible with the device? because anything that is over 2gb sd is NON-conventional so you can try to do the single card method. that worked for me.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this update is fine to use with an US F900BT? Whst is the difference between the F90BT, F900BT and F700? With the last modification i did i had to delete the files before i could overwrite them because there wasnt enough space on the drive. Is is safe to just delete everything on flash disk and replace is with all the files included in the update?

Cheers

Toby

So this update is fine to use with an US F900BT? Whst is the difference between the F90BT, F900BT and F700? With the last modification i did i had to delete the files before i could overwrite them because there wasnt enough space on the drive. Is is safe to just delete everything on flash disk and replace is with all the files included in the update?

Cheers

Toby

Here is everything you need in order to complete the upgrade as outlined in the original post, but with only 1 SD Card. I just recently picked up a F700BT that I updated this afternoon and love it...now I'm off to find some good mods =D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

These files include the X Series WINCE Upgrade, Testmode 2.3 and the Backup Files/Maps.

Hope this helps others who may be having problems finding torrents and etc...

[edit]In Step 11.1, please copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the My Flash Disk Drive on the AVIC Unit.

I've had 2 people contact me regarding issues, they read that item literally and copied the entire contents of the SD Card to their AVIC which doesn't work[/edit]

This worked well for me too -- thanks!! Here's what I did since I did not have a 2GB SD card handy:

[*] Copied WINCEIMG.BIN & WINCEIMG.CKS to the root directory of the SD card.

[*] Copied the testmode folder to the SD card

[*] Copied the back up files to a USB drive. (This is the large batch of files at around 1.6GB)

[*] Connected the USB drive to the USB port on the F90BT

[*] Followed the steps as described, but simply copied the back up files from the USB drive at the stage where you are in test mode using Windows CE. USB drives are generally faster than SD cards, but this is just an alternate way of accomplishing the same thing.

Later downloaded 3.101 F910BT update from the Pioneer web site and installed that. No problems so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this upgrade twice on my F7010BT

When hitting the map menu and eject buttons and htting reset i dont get a pop sound but if i release reset i hear the

cd drive and release eject and then i get the blue screen and can proceed as normal to do the update

Everything goes ok during the update and the unit restarts fine

Everything works except for bluetooth :shock:

when pressing the phone button the unit just beeps but wont change screens etc

When the unit starts up the bluetooth led flashes for a second and then goes out :(

Have done the update twice with the same results no phone no bluetooth

Have done a search but cant find much on this issue

Anyone have any ideas or can offer any help ?

If not where can i find the files to restore my unit to 2.0 with working bluetooth

Thanks

MM