AVIC411.com

Keeper 3.0 Mod - 07-29-09 UPDATE

being in canada.... well Montreal to be exact, the speed cams dont work well.. there are places on the map where there are no cams at all.. beside I don't really care for them on the map anyways, some places have too uch too...... is there a way to turn them off?.. I can live with them, but if there is a option to turn them off it would be nice... BTW this is a awsome mod.... too bad you could not make a "update to firmware 3.0, with keepers mod all in one unzip to sdcard" lol now THAT I would pay money for hhehehehehehe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else having an issue where in the 3rd "layer" of icons - they all just open POI search? (ie - the satelite icon opens the poi search, not the satellite info)

If you would read the part where he wrote down what each does you would understand they are only for poi searches! It searches for poi around cursor, gps address, etc.

anyone else having an issue where in the 3rd "layer" of icons - they all just open POI search? (ie - the satelite icon opens the poi search, not the satellite info)

If you would read the part where he wrote down what each does you would understand they are only for poi searches! It searches for poi around cursor, gps address, etc.

I don't know how i missed that... I'm usually really thorough in reading these things. Guess I jumped to conclusions :-) Thanks anyway for putting me straight.

I have been running one of keeper's mods on my 900bt for a few months (2.0), and I must say that I like it a lot. I also picked up some theme changes by god knows who that presents different menu icons. I usually enjoy modding things myself, I just do not have the time to tinker with these things at the moment. I will probably wait for another month before I grab keeper's mod. I am sure he will be doing some more tweaking to suit his desires. I particularly liked all of the different map color schemes included in keeper's 2.0 mod.

Almost all of the code for the quick menu is in navigatemap_800_480.ui and right near the top so you should be able to find it pretty easy. All of the images i have created are in data\ui_pioneer\800_480 and have a k_ in front of them.

Good luck modding and please post any cool changes you come up with. Oh and you should not have to decompress any of the images I used.

Thank you very much for info! Unfortunately I'm having issues with TMC in my unit, so I'll have to revert back to OEM v2 software to make sure if problem is in software or hardware itself, in that case I can get it repaired as my Avic is still under warranty. I will continue with V3 software when TMC issue is solved.

Almost all of the code for the quick menu is in navigatemap_800_480.ui and right near the top so you should be able to find it pretty easy. All of the images i have created are in data\ui_pioneer\800_480 and have a k_ in front of them.

Good luck modding and please post any cool changes you come up with. Oh and you should not have to decompress any of the images I used.

Thank you very much for info! Unfortunately I'm having issues with TMC in my unit, so I'll have to revert back to OEM v2 software to make sure if problem is in software or hardware itself, in that case I can get it repaired as my Avic is still under warranty. I will continue with V3 software when TMC issue is solved.

You have to look into your Sys.txt

first line should be

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

I assume your device thinks it is an US model at the moment

Had the same Problem when implementing US mods under 2.0

let me know if it works

Jörg

You have to look into your Sys.txt

first line should be

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

I assume your device thinks it is an US model at the moment

Had the same Problem when implementing US mods under 2.0

let me know if it works

Jörg

Hmm, this propably isn't problem as I haven't installed any mods yet after upgrading to v3, so sys.txt should have correct device info. I searched little bit forums and found out that for TMC to work, FM channel which is transmitting TMC signal should be saved to radio presets. I dont listen radio often, especially that channel that transmits TMC signal here in Finland so I haven't even saved it as radio presets. Gotta try this after leaving from work. Its strange that user manual doesn't mention that TMC channel should be saved to presets!

Hey All-

So I am trying to mod keepers file with the speed limit sign and current speed mod found here:

viewtopic.php?p=138989

I like to use this because my speedo is off by a couple MPH. This keeps me honest when a cop is around. :)

I have gotten to step 3 and I am noticing that the code is different. Is this because of the difference between 2.0 and 3.0? I am not sure this is going to work just plopping the code in as they say due to the version.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think this may be because Keeper removed everything already! I think I am going to skip to step 4 and work from there. :)

I had this hack running in 2.0 and 3.0, but since going to 3.01 - it no longer works. In fact - it causes reboots when you switch to Map and the unit syncs with GPS. Any Idea what changes are needed to get this runnign on 3.01 ?