AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great Job and thanks for posting. Just woundering where the speed.bmp , your_speed.bmp and elevation.bmp are located now in your data.zip file. I would like to modify them.

Thanks again

in the 480_800 directory. Gonna make them bigger? Take a picture of what you come up with if you can.

Hi,

I just changed to this release and so far i really like it with one exception. i miss the small icons that appeared when you tapped the transparent drop-down arrow on the upper-left side of the map. the larger buttons aren't as functional for me. the trip computer works and the colors look much better.

is it possible to just change the menu items back is what they point to different as well?

thanks again.

oh and i've turned off the speedcam verbal announc and the beep and so far i haven't had any further reboots.

Thank you again Diaftia!!!

Hi,

I just changed to this release and so far i really like it with one exception. i miss the small icons that appeared when you tapped the transparent drop-down arrow on the upper-left side of the map. the larger buttons aren't as functional for me. the trip computer works and the colors look much better.

is it possible to just change the menu items back is what they point to different as well?

thanks again.

oh and i've turned off the speedcam verbal announc and the beep and so far i haven't had any further reboots.

Thank you again Diaftia!!!

Hmmmm, there were a lot of changes to the navigatemap800 file including all the supported images. You are probably just better off running the older version unless you want to reverse engineer it. It could be done but might take some time to remove all the old images and gather the new ones. The all start with "k_but_"

IMO I was not too keen on the new system either but it really does grow on you since it is a ton easier to use. Give it a shot and I guarantee you that you wont miss all the fingertip nail presses after a day or two.

I am working on the speedcam stuff now. Its a PITA. ;)

I am working on the speedcam stuff now. Its a PITA. ;)

+1, i already changed a whole buch of stuff on mine, already got the mph working flawlessly but whenever i have set on kph it just reboots,

DOH! I hate that. Crap like that can be as bad as having a hidden formating problem. Comma out of place etc. I think the only other error I hate just as much is the /layer expected error. I have had to start the mods I was working on all over and just start adding things in a basic manner because of that damn error.

Look forward to seeing the MPH fix! It will be nice for the posted speedcam speed not be 58mph. ;)

Hi all, hi diaftia,

I love this mode is a great work.

What I must change for the show sky:"If you want to show sky in the 3D map mode then edit out the semicolons in the [map] section of the sys.txt file before copying over to the AVIC."

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8300

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

...please help, thanks, sorry for my bad english I am from Italy

Hi all, hi diaftia,

I love this mode is a great work.

What I must change for the show sky:"If you want to show sky in the 3D map mode then edit out the semicolons in the [map] section of the sys.txt file before copying over to the AVIC."

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8300

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

...please help, thanks, sorry for my bad english I am from Italy

Try using these settings:

3d_max_tiltlevel=8800

3d_max_zoomlevel=1500

(replace the max_tiltlevel and add the max_zoomlevel.)

9/24/09:

Big changes are:

• 1. Keepers new redesigned menu system for easier icon touching.
    2. New landing page when doing multiroute with option to view on map. You can do the standard press of the multiroute button or a long press to go directly to the map.
    3. Changed all the keeper icon text to be a bit more centered.
    4. Added elevation to the bottom of the speedometer screen.
    5. Removed current destination and added next turn in yellow to the top of the speedo screen.
    6. Changed the destination dial screen to match the background of the speedo to keep the file size down.
    7. Pressing the current speed sign takes you to the speedo while long pressing takes you to the destination dial screen.
    8. Added in new default schemes so that the direction colors on the multiroute page come up in their respective color.
    9. General house cleaning of old files to keep things small.
    10. Added snap back to car button when in flyover mode so you now no longer have to restart the flyover if you touch the map.
    11. "Keep Position On Road" option added to route settings.
    12. Stanislavovich trip computer added to hopefully make tripcomp work more consistently.
    13. Fixed bug where animated cursor did not work in night mode.

There are updated scheme files in this mod pack. This will allow multiroute to function correctly and color code the routes in the multiroute function while on the map. I have also removed the commonlib.dll file as I think its a bit buggy and causing some people reboots.

Nice job, that's a lot of stuff you have going on there.

Which are the "scheme" files that need to be copied over? I've done data.zip a few times. ;) Sorry for the n00bish questions.

Thanks. :)

If all else fails the directions are in the word doc that is in the main zip. That should help guide you in a pinch. But the schemes get copied to the APL2/iGo/Content/Scheme folder. They are in the rar file that you download in the "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-SCHEME" folder. You are looking for 4 files that are named the same. You are going to overwrite them.

Let me know if you get stuck.

I just installed these mods on my F90BT. It seems to be OK, I haven't moved the car yet to test, I will in a few hours.

2 questions

1) Is there an instruction file/list somewhere that documents all the additional features/changes from stock 3.01?

2) I followed your 20 step instructions and there were well laid out, I did find one inconsistancy. In step 18, you phrase the way of getting to the correct path differently. It was as if you assumed the end user was in \myflashdisk\apl2\igo but I think the last location was \myflashdisk\apl2 so the content folder isn't there.

I did not have any problems, I am an IT professional at a Health Care facility and deal with end users daily that use our software, but have no idea on how to user a computer, so I am just trying to make the document a little more user friendly.

AND I HOPE I DIDN'T BLOW IT, by misreading your instrucions. If so, I am sorry, and will feel like a dolt...

Anyhoo, It looks VERY promising, and I am looking forward to playing with it's features.

Also, THANKS!

I just installed these mods on my F90BT. It seems to be OK, I haven't moved the car yet to test, I will in a few hours.

2 questions

1) Is there an instruction file/list somewhere that documents all the additional features/changes from stock 3.01?

2) I followed your 20 step instructions and there were well laid out, I did find one inconsistancy. In step 18, you phrase the way of getting to the correct path differently. It was as if you assumed the end user was in \myflashdisk\apl2\igo but I think the last location was \myflashdisk\apl2 so the content folder isn't there.

I did not have any problems, I am an IT professional at a Health Care facility and deal with end users daily that use our software, but have no idea on how to user a computer, so I am just trying to make the document a little more user friendly.

AND I HOPE I DIDN'T BLOW IT, by misreading your instrucions. If so, I am sorry, and will feel like a dolt...

Anyhoo, It looks VERY promising, and I am looking forward to playing with it's features.

Also, THANKS!

Thanks I will go and update the document. I try to make it right but getting feedback like yours for it is invaluable.

As far as all the features since the inception are pretty much laid out in the first post of this thread. I start with the instructions but there is pretty much an order by date which features I added. Check that out.

Thanks,

Alex