AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Does anyone have trouble with their gps not turning on, after diaftias hybrid mod? and is there a quick fix? Ilove these mods by the way. My gps now has a on/off button now. and my unit seems to think that on is off , and off is on??preciate the help guys..

Someone else had that problem in this thread. Make sure you set your device setting in sys.txt. I am pretty sure that is what the problem was.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

FABULOUS!! Diaftia, this mod is awsome, thanks for the hard work, and continued development on this.

I've been running this mod for about a week and love it!

This is the first major mod I've installed on my x910 and it seems to be working flawlessly.

I do however have one small issue.

My speed limit signs only seem to work while I'm on the highway. And some are not correct, speed limit has been the same for at least the last five years.

I used Garmin mobile XT since its release and speed limit signs worked for ALL roads, also the traffic on the Garmin XT was the most accurate I've seen, MSN is seriously out of date it seems.

So my question is....Can I possibly use Garmins speed limit sign data base in this mod? Can speed limit signs, speed cams, red light cams ect be updated??? Where might I find them?

Can you please put a step by step on how to do the 3d cars? I tried following idt's but can only modify the sys text

Add the following codes below to sys.txt then put the .mdl and .tex file of the car you selected in the "gx" folder of Data.zip. Make sure 3dcars is in the Igo folder.

[map]

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=5000

3dcarsizemax=8000

3dcarsizemul=30000

[3d]

;change the .mdl file to the car you selected

car_day=flying_carpet.mdl

car_night=flying_carpet.mdl

ghost_day=flying_carpet.mdl

ghost_night=flying_carpet.mdl

[3dcar]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\3DCars" location of 3dCars folder

mortscript="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\3DCars\Themechanger\MortScript.exe" ;location of MortScript.exe

Ok.. I did this word for word all my files are in place...I am pretty sure my sys,txt is in order....it is attached if maybe someone look at it and let me know.. It just stays on system start screen not splash...and if I put back the the stock mod sys.txt...it works fine :?::?:

SYS.TXT

FABULOUS!! Diaftia, this mod is awsome, thanks for the hard work, and continued development on this.

I've been running this mod for about a week and love it!

This is the first major mod I've installed on my x910 and it seems to be working flawlessly.

I do however have one small issue.

My speed limit signs only seem to work while I'm on the highway. And some are not correct, speed limit has been the same for at least the last five years.

I used Garmin mobile XT since its release and speed limit signs worked for ALL roads, also the traffic on the Garmin XT was the most accurate I've seen, MSN is seriously out of date it seems.

So my question is....Can I possibly use Garmins speed limit sign data base in this mod? Can speed limit signs, speed cams, red light cams ect be updated??? Where might I find them?

Its actually a byproduct of the map data. My mod is set to poll when the map data presents the speed limit. That is why mostly the highways have it. You can try a updated map version or use the other map brand and see if its better in your area. Even in my area (Silicon Valley, CA) its mostly on highways with some major back streets. I have a feeling your Garmin used different maps than these units do.

Thanks, I kind got that impression as I browsed the net about this.

So is it safe to assume that I can change the map data and your mod's will remain "uneffected"??

Speed cams and buildings are map specific as well? Branded POI's are NOT map specific? (some are opaque and some aren't) whats your take on this, and can it be corrected?

I've installed the mod and all seems to function quite well. I've got a couple of questions though.

Any thoughts about creating a shortcut to view the destination name/address while enroute? Well at least I haven't been able to find a way to access this info. I've got the left/right announcement working, but I have a difficult time remembering the address number upon arrival. A one button shortcut would be useful.

Also, I have a ding-dong type of "warning" tone that comes on occasionally that I can't figure out what it is. I have the Speed Cam warning set to the custom audible setting, but also have the visual warning set to on and yet I don't get any visual warning accompanying the ding-dong so it shouldn't be a speed cam. Any ideas what this tone is trying to tell me??

I've installed the mod and all seems to function quite well. I've got a couple of questions though.

Any thoughts about creating a shortcut to access the destination name/address while enroute? Well at least I haven't been able to find a way to access this info.

Also, I have a ding-dong type of "warning" tone that comes on occasionally that I can't figure out what it is. I have the Speed Cam warning set to the custom audible setting, but also have the visual warning set to on and yet I don't get any visual warning accompanying the ding-dong so it shouldn't be a speed cam. Any ideas what this tone is trying to tell me??

It's probably the lane notification ding dong!Does it occur at the same time as the lane change graphic?

Mine does it too. It is annoying so I keep the volume muted. It seems to be when you come to an intersection in which case is ALWAYS when I have past it because this thing is never close to being right. The street numbers are always a couple of houses off, it tells you to turn after you have passed the turn and it announces when you arrive at the destination on the wrong side of the street.

Other that that the graphics are pretty :?

Any thoughts about creating a shortcut to access the destination name/address while enroute? Well at least I haven't been able to find a way to access this info.

It's probably the lane notification ding dong!Does it occur at the same time as the lane change graphic?

Exactly.. I believe the exact setting is Lane Guidance. Switch that off.

Right now the destination route can be set to display in the settings over next turn name. There is no shortcut only because I have ran out of things to be able to click on! ;) I will check and see what I can do though.

Mine does it too. It is annoying so I keep the volume muted. It seems to be when you come to an intersection in which case is ALWAYS when I have past it because this thing is never close to being right. The street numbers are always a couple of houses off, it tells you to turn after you have passed the turn and it announces when you arrive at the destination on the wrong side of the street.

The ding is the lane guidance... the house numbers being off is the map data and GPS which unfortunately I can't do anything about. I have heard that using the NavTeq maps makes it more accurate but then you are stuck with the problems of Navteq maps which I believe is poor POI data. Either way working on a map changer in the next version to be able to toggle between them for those that want it.

The ding is the lane guidance... the house numbers being off is the map data and GPS which unfortunately I can't do anything about. I have heard that using the NavTeq maps makes it more accurate but then you are stuck with the problems of Navteq maps which I believe is poor POI data. Either way working on a map changer in the next version to be able to toggle between them for those that want it.

You can mix and match POI and map providers, though. You can even use several sets of POIs at once. I.e., for IL and neigboring states I use both TeleAtlas and Navteq POIs, which gives a reasonable coverage.

You can mix and match POI and map providers, though. You can even use several sets of POIs at once. I.e., for IL and neigboring states I use both TeleAtlas and Navteq POIs, which gives a reasonable coverage.

Nice! I didnt know that. I will add in the Navteq POI's and see what I get. Thanks Boris. :)

Nice! I didnt know that. I will add in the Navteq POI's and see what I get. Thanks Boris. :)

You can also mix Navteq and Teleatlas maps in the same folder. Unlike the POI files you can't have two of the same state in the map folder. Same goes with map versions, mix and match until you have all the states.