AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

I had my x910bt installed over the weekend and just installed this modification. It seems like everything is working but I am unable to watch DVD's unless the car is in Park and the Parking Break is engaged. I thought this modification was a work around for that? I didn't have any hardware modification done. Is there anything I missed or need to do? Thanks for the help.

Your parking brake wire is probably connected to the parking brake. You need to change that so it is connected to ground and you should be all set.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I had my x910bt installed over the weekend and just installed this modification. It seems like everything is working but I am unable to watch DVD's unless the car is in Park and the Parking Break is engaged. I thought this modification was a work around for that? I didn't have any hardware modification done. Is there anything I missed or need to do? Thanks for the help.

Your parking brake wire is probably connected to the parking brake. You need to change that so it is connected to ground and you should be all set.

Well, you better off by following http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17013, the "Official Bypass". :idea:

Well, you better off by following http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17013, the "Official Bypass". :idea:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=30481&p=213558&hilit=software+bypass#p213558

One is considered the software bypass, the other is considered the hardware bypass. Neither are "Official" and both methods accomplish the same thing. So why is one better off using the hardware bypass?

It couldn't be a true official bypass, this is why I "quoted" it. Official would only come from Pioneer ... you get the picture :mrgreen: .

With the SW bypass, you have to change the MAX speed in pioneer.ini, AND you have to also ground the Parking Break wire (see first post of your link). So why do both? Why not just do the HW bybpass at the same time? Otherwise, you could have to do the speed change everytime you change Nav Mod. I might have missed something though.

I had read that some has problem with the SW bypass, but since I got HW bypass, I didn't read enough to understand their problems. You would have to read by searching this forum to know more. :wink:

Do we have a time frame on when your new mod will be ready for the public?

The mods are co0mplete and ee are debugging some bugs. We also have to work on creating some new graphics. Once that is complete we will send it to beta testers. If no bugs are found it will be released then.

Cant give an exact time frame as this is not out job but can say it is very close to sending to the beta testers

Cheers

34by151

Thanks in advance for your works.

Can you guys tell me whether there will be an option for the Off-Road Sensitivity? As I fed up with the iGo8 standard setting for it, where the vehicule is either stuck in the road when you're 200 meters off (shopping centre or in the field), or take the incorrect road when there are many (in this latter case, you can see the simulated vehicule exhaust is really off with regard to the car image, but the vehicule is still no switching road).

Or is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Just installed this one today and loving it so far!

Quick question....I am trying to tilt the map to show the sky....when I press the screen and then press on the arrows it tilts it way down so the roads look flat (as in the example on the 1st page). I want to tilt it just a bit so I can see the sky but sill see all the roads on an angle. Can this be done?

Thanks to all of you in advance!

--RS

Is it possible for me to change the Navi menu buttons into Norwegian somehow?

Yes, just use photoshop to alter the menu images with norwegian fonts

I've tried to open the Bmp files in Adobe PS CS4 but it won't open the files, what is the problem, does anyone know?

This has been discussed several times. Alexes Data.zip is very large. In order to conserve space, he changed the bmp form so that the file sizes are smaller. There is a utility called ipaq viewer that can view the images and change them back to original size to alter. I dont like the reduced size because sometimes they do not work. One example is the GFX folder that was designed to work with DPDursts schemes. Most of the background images are reduced in size and they do not work in some schemes resulting a clear blue sky (default) instead of the background image that it is supposed to represent. My GFX folder works flawless now that I have reinstalled the images with the proper size and format.

Thanks in advance for your works.

Can you guys tell me whether there will be an option for the Off-Road Sensitivity? As I fed up with the iGo8 standard setting for it, where the vehicule is either stuck in the road when you're 200 meters off (shopping centre or in the field), or take the incorrect road when there are many (in this latter case, you can see the simulated vehicule exhaust is really off with regard to the car image, but the vehicule is still no switching road).

Or is there anything that I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Turn off the "Keep on Road" option.

ALex