AVIC411.com

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. I paried it with my listening volume at its lowest and tried a few different Mic spots, still I have a terrible echo.. I'm not sure what to do.

You are talking about the listening level on the phone itself and not the one on the Z1 right? Then you have to decrease the volume on the Z1 in the MENU - SETTINGS - VOLUME. You start at 2 bars and increase it till you hear the echo and then back off a bit. You can also try changing the speaker it comes out of. Manual page 156.

What about a level 3 reset?

That will wipe out the phone and you would have to pair it again. But if you do with the volume down on the hand set itself, that help quite a bit on my system.

Yes the listening volume on the phone itself and not the ringer volume. I've tired lowering the output volume on the Z1 as well but the point where the echo is no longer there I cannot hear the person on the other end at all.

That's weird. On my Z1, stock April (or March) unit.

Phone with ear piece volume normal when paired.... Z1 volume above 2.5 bars the caller would hear an echo.

Phone with ear piece volume down all the way when paired... Z1 volume above 5 bars the caller would hear an echo.

Phone with ear piece volume normal, but after the update CD, the Z1 volume above 6.5 bars the caller would hear the echo.

I heard the caller ok to "a little hard to hear at freeway speeds" with the volume at 2.5 bars. I hear the person great at 4 - 5 bars. Above 5 bars it's WAY too loud to listen to anyone talk. So the bluetooth update was not really necessary for me.

I've tired lowering the output volume on the Z1 as well but the point where the echo is no longer there I cannot hear the person on the other end at all.

At all? My goodness, mine I could at least hear ok even stock with the old software and phone volume at normal levels.

I didn't know if they varied from unit to unit or phone to phone. But I have tried this with a V710, E815 and a Razr V3m (all Verizon and Motorola) and they all worked exactly the same as above on the same Z1 (my second Z1 doesn't have the bluetooth module to try).

And you have tried different orientations of speaker out? Left, Right or both and they all have the same effect and echo at the same volumes? That did make mine a little different, the numbers above are at the best case with the speaker output changed. I think for my mic and speakers in the truck my right speaker only worked the best.

Have you tried different phones? Obviously something is very different than mine. After the bluetooth update mine works really really well, I can turn it up way too loud and still no echo.

hey everyone, great info on here!

I first tried the volume lowering thing and it had no effect.

Then I tried the update cd and it worked great, i have the volume to a little bit under teh max and get no echo, except when people start screaming at me they can sometimes hear themselves, but i think thats normal.

I burned the cd using nero, just clicked on burn image to disc, pointed it to the image and it worked great. the update completed in 2-3 minutes, no problems at all.

once again great info on here and thanks to everyone who was involved in getting this update made and to those who helped spread the word, thanks everyone!

I've been reading all the post on the echo problem for months now, and ups will have my pioneer disk here tomorrow. I have a motorola Q, and it has no settings for mic gain or anything like that. The echo is SOOO bad that the whole BT connection is a bust and unusable. Yes i tried lowering the phone volume before pairing as everybody suggested, and it made it a little better, but still not worth using. I have the circut from ducatiboy, and I'm not worried about the 2 wire bypass after the update, but as far as i can tell, nobody has said a word about having the z1 with 5.1 sound!!

I have installed pioneer's DSP, and I'm using their AXM-P8000 PROCESSOR CONTROL F DEQ-P9000 with a center channel on the dash. Its a bit of a pain having to use a remote to control the volume, and not having the volume muted for guidence and incoming calls, so i just turn off the source by holding AV once a call comes in. In my opinion, having 5.1 sound is worth it if all i need to do is hold AV for quick source off, and i have the remote mounted where i can use it easily.

Am i the only joker who is doing this with 5.1? I'd love to try this left and right speaker idea, but i don't know how it works with having a 5.1 DSP. anybody with any ideas, I'm desperate. (but if your idea involves going back to 2 channel stereo sound, i don't know if I'm ready to abandon the quality i get the way i have it now)-thanks

after checking page 156 of the manual, and going through the options within the unit, switching between L and R or one or the other is not possible when the unit is running at 5.1. That option is in the next screen after the option to pick L+R. sucks for me.

I was one of the first people to get a post-June Z1 and corresponded with Ducatiboy regarding the fact that the light flashing bypass no longer functioned. Fortuanely, I was able to return my unot and get a May 2006 unit where the flasher circuit worked. However, as mentioned many times here, the BT echo was so bad I couldn't use it. I tried re-pairing with the Motorola Q volume set to minimum but it had little if any results. Today I applied the update (no problems applying) and switched to the 2 wire bypass. Much to my amazement (and satisfaction) the echo is totally gone!

I want to thank everyone on this forum and especially LeonPheleps and Ducatiboy for their tireless efforts to help all of us more helpless Z1 owners.

Three days ago, I did the level 3 reset, and re-pairing of the phone, with the ear piece volume down to its lowest setting. I have to say, it worked. I was able to turn up the volume on the right speaker, enough to hear while on the interstate and receive no complaints about an echo. (LG8100 cell phone; Verizon Service.)

I was considering the loading of the new software, but at this time, I did not feel like tearing into the dash to do the grounding of wires, preferred just to continue use of the Z1 flasher module. That is, until Pioneer comes out with a more complete upgrade of the faulty software sometime next spring. At this time, I will rewire to obtain the bypass.

You are talking about the listening level on the phone itself and not the one on the Z1 right? Then you have to decrease the volume on the Z1 in the MENU - SETTINGS - VOLUME. You start at 2 bars and increase it till you hear the echo and then back off a bit. You can also try changing the speaker it comes out of. Manual page 156.

2 bars?!?! WOW. I think I have it worse than I thought - I get echo at 1/4 bar! (And that's AFTER doing a L3 reset and re-pairing) The only time my callers don't hear an echo is when I'm on the interstate and the ambient car noise buffers out the feedback...