post-32106-12872762863755_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762864946_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762865761_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762866649_thumb.jpg

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always Abb this is a brilliant bit of work.Based on diaftias mod(I think :) )which has always been my personal favourite.Is this just a tease or are you going to make it available.....PLEASE!!!! :lol::lol:

Well, This mod is much larger than any previous mod and a lot more complicated. I gave it to a tester to see how he would make out with it and he cannot make it work. It does work flawless as I have it installed on two systems, however, the entire contents is aprox. 40mb in sze, so it is a doozy with the DATA.zip being 24mb. It requires 10 files which MUST be loaded. If my tester cannot get it to work, then I will not put it up as I do not want the headaches. This is however, my best work, and I have never been happier with a mod yet! Also, it depends on the feedback and interest that I get as putting up these mods is a LOT of work

As always Abb this is a brilliant bit of work.Based on diaftias mod(I think :) )which has always been my personal favourite.Is this just a tease or are you going to make it available.....PLEASE!!!! :lol::lol:

Well, This mod is much larger than any previous mod and a lot more complicated. I gave it to a tester to see how he would make out with it and he cannot make it work. It does work flawless as I have it installed on two systems, however, the entire contents is aprox. 40mb in sze, so it is a doozy with the DATA.zip being 24mb. It requires 10 files which MUST be loaded. If my tester cannot get it to work, then I will not put it up as I do not want the headaches. This is however, my best work, and I have never been happier with a mod yet! Also, it depends on the feedback and interest that I get as putting up these mods is a LOT of work

Fair point Abb.Supplying a mod is one thing but having to follow it up with endless support would be a pain in the ass.If your ever looking for guinea pigs please let me know :D

I will require about two more testers that will test this thoroughly. I have been working on this now for about 7 weeks and the stability is rock solid on my end, but there is a lot that I cannot test such as building visibility, speedcam, signposts, etc., because we dont have them here. I also need to make sure that there are no memory errors as this mod is so huge. I have not encountered any yet, but I want to make sure that this is Rock Solid before releasing it as I do not have time to troubleshoot.

If anybody is interested in testing this for me, please PM me. Keep in mind that I will need you to be in constant contact with me as to how it is going because if I have no feedback, then I will not know the results.

Abb,

I tried to install for the first time your V2.75 but iGo doesn't load and complained that ui_pioneer/800_400/loading.bmp was missing. When I dug into the data.zip file, only a file loading.JPG (instead of bmp) is present in that folder. Any clue?

I did delete everything is the saved folder.

Thanks.

Abb,

I tried to install for the first time your V2.75 but iGo doesn't load and complained that ui_pioneer/800_400/loading.bmp was missing. When I dug into the data.zip file, only a file loading.JPG (instead of bmp) is present in that folder. Any clue?

Thanks.

Hmmmm...... 55 downloads and this is a first, as my mod NEVER had loading.bmp. It does not require the loading.bmp, however, just open loading.jpg up in photoshop and then save it as loading.bmp (make sure that you have both saved). That should solve your problem

Abb,

Thanks.

Hmmmm...... 55 downloads and this is a first, as my mod NEVER had loading.bmp. It does not require the loading.bmp, however, just open loading.jpg up in photoshop and then save it as loading.bmp (make sure that you have both saved). That should solve your problem

Loading.jpg is "Pioneer: Sound Vision Soul" ...

I have no idea neither. When replacing the DATA.ZIP with V2.5, it just works fine; and when I open the V2.5 DATA.ZIP, there is only a file called loading.JPG (no BMP). So I am totally lost.

I will try your suggestion to add loading.bmp to the archive.

Also, it depends on the feedback and interest that I get as putting up these mods is a LOT of work

Abb, what a beautiful piece of work. Everything a person could ask for. All the best features all rolled into one. This will surely surpass all expectations. It is amazing how much your work has progressed. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

What about the GPS load delay that will aid in the tripmeter working every time like those of us who have trouble with this function? I know that it was being discussed as a "workaround" in Diaftia's next iterration.

Thanx,

Bud

Logically speaking, I don't think that this is possible to speed up the load delay, as this is in general the time that it takes to acquire a signal. The only way that this can be sped up is by changing the GPS chip to one that can acquire more satellites. The AVIC has the Sirfstar III which is the latest technology in GPS hardware.This is something that CAN'T be done through software! Sorry.