AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

Can anyone that has upgraded from 110 to 120 tell me if anything from MSN direct or HD radio has changed? I own both of these and think their could be a lot of improvement done in both areas. I've read up on everything that has been updated but haven't seen anything that would change these two add-on components. Anyone?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, upgraders, is it worth it?

My maps are a little off, but mostly fine for now. If I upgrade it will be for the ipod/iphone enhancements. I seem to be able to operate fairly well right now. The biggest new feature seems music sphere. How is it? Is it better than the genius feature? I do use Pandora, and it would be nice if songs were displayed, but I'm fine just letting it run for now. Yes I know the video is out for the z120bt, but its hard to know how much of an improvement it is, so I would like to hear from those who have used both.

I can chime in here. I had my X920bt for a few days before deciding I preferred the size/layout of the Z110/Z120. So I JUST got my Z110 installed in my car. Took me just a minute to swap the cables as the harness etc is exactly the same between the X920BT and Z110/Z120.

The upgrade is DEFINITELY a mixed bag. Some of it really good, some of it not so good. I came from an F700BT, which was an utter nightmare for me. The X920bt, while I had it, was a lot of fun and I had no major complaints aside from the occasionally iffy navigation (map issues, of course).

The Z110BT I got because it was cheap and I could do the Z120 software upgrade. Currently, the Z110 feels very much like the F700 in terms of most things to do with iPod etc. Very familiar feeling. If you upgrade to the Z120 software, you lose the current iPod interface completely. I REALLY enjoyed using the X920BT because of the Pandora connection, and that in of itself is money. Whether you like the scrolling all over the place (see the X920BT etc) for scrolling albums is a VERY personal preference. It's definitely not as tidy as the F700/F900/X910/F710/Z110 etc interface. That said, I enjoyed the Pandora stuff so much I'll get the upgrade anyway....

Really enjoying my Z110BT since installing it today. Just like the X920BT, it took quite a few miles of driving out of the box for the GPS to get accurate. Very bizarre. Thought I was in California for a while (despite my living in Seattle). I like the unit very much, though the lip at the bottom is a little in the way..

Now, time to order me a Z120BT upgrade if nobody has any other ideas? :D