AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$200 still seems like a lot. How does the password work on this? Do you get a unique password for each SD card? Does it authenticate to the unit some how?

I guess they could just not offer an upgrade at all and require you to pay 1500-2000 for the new unit. Kinda like all the other companies do.

$200 still seems like a lot.

IMO...it's not allot at all....

They've updated the maps...

completely re-engineered the GUI....

Introduced Pandora Link

introduced Music sphere

introduced the fuel eco thing-a-ma-jig....

I'd say that you're getting allot for your money... especially if you jumped onboard the sweet discount that they were offering on the Z110BT's that lasted up till now...

$200 still seems like a lot.

IMO...it's not allot at all....

They've updated the maps...

completely re-engineered the GUI....

Introduced Pandora Link

introduced Music sphere

introduced the fuel eco thing-a-ma-jig....

I'd say that you're getting allot for your money... especially if you jumped onboard the sweet discount that they were offering on the Z110BT's that lasted up till now...

IMO...it's not allot at all.... I agree, it's about right.

They've updated the maps... I hope this has updates to roads I have found incorrect so far.

completely re-engineered the GUI.... I hope I like it, but I always want the latest.

Introduced Pandora Link No iphone, so this will not work. They need to make it work with Android.

introduced Music sphere We'll see, again, I hope I like it.

introduced the fuel eco thing-a-ma-jig.... Could care less, it's just a gimmick IMHO. Make it connect to the OBD II port, then we're talking.

Anybody can make an iso image and share the registration code or password the z110bt is not going to comunicate with any headquarter online and let them know the same software has been use by more than a person. You guys must be crazy buying it when you allready know is a easy hack. We just got to have 1 person who will like to share it and know how to actually make the iso. If a month from now I don't see anybody on this forum willing to share I will and that is that.

Anybody can make an iso image and share the registration code or password the z110bt is not going to comunicate with any headquarter online and let them know the same software has been use by more than a person. You guys must be crazy buying it when you allready know is a easy hack. We just got to have 1 person who will like to share it and know how to actually make the iso. If a month from now I don't see anybody on this forum willing to share I will and that is that.

interesting they must've thought about this

Android

This unit is and has been pushed for IPod/IPhone compatibility....

Why else would it have a proprietary IPod adapter???

It's not like you can hook up a ZuneHD or Android phone to it's IPod adapter... and expect much....

I don't like it anymore than you.... but the IPod, has built a solid foundation....

In other words...this unit was designed around the Apple IPod....... Everything else is questionable....

Introduced Pandora Link No iphone, so this will not work. They need to make it work with Android.

There is no control protocol with any other phones via USB like there is with the iPhone. So there is nothing Pioneer can do about this. Just one of the many reasons why no other phones compare to the iPhone.

Anybody can make an iso image and share the registration code or password the z110bt is not going to comunicate with any headquarter online and let them know the same software has been use by more than a person.

You have to receive a unique password from Pioneer to your upgrade to enter in on the unit or you will not be able to install the upgrade to your unit. That password will only work for your unit. Its not going to be as easy as just copying the image from the SD cards.

Android

This unit is and has been pushed for IPod/IPhone compatibility....

Why else would it have a proprietary IPod adapter???

It's not like you can hook up a ZuneHD or Android phone to it's IPod adapter... and expect much....

I don't like it anymore than you.... but the IPod, has built a solid foundation....

In other words...this unit was designed around the Apple IPod....... Everything else is questionable....

I agree, there are a lot of devices that work with ipod, that's why I have one. I wasn't implying that the upgrade should make it compatible with Android, obviously that would take hardware, but really not anything more complicated then a cable to plug into the IP Bus, or whatever they call it. But soon I think we will see more devices supporting Android.

Anybody can make an iso image and share the registration code or password the z110bt is not going to comunicate with any headquarter online and let them know the same software has been use by more than a person.

You have to receive a unique password from Pioneer to your upgrade to enter in on the unit or you will not be able to install the upgrade to your unit. That password will only work for your unit. Its not going to be as easy as just copying the image from the SD cards.

I can't imagine they would make it easy to do this when its become so well understood that everything finds its way onto the internet.

There is no control protocol with any other phones via USB like there is with the iPhone. So there is nothing Pioneer can do about this. Just one of the many reasons why no other phones compare to the iPhone.

You should research before posting......

http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2010/04/blackberry-and-android-apps-speak-up-pandora-stitcher-openbeak-sync-applink-for-ford.html

There's also a video. And I guess we don't need that cable anyway, just the bluetooth we already have.