AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

VBlue42 Comporations doesn't care much about customers if thats what your trying to say. I understand your a big fan but truly I believe that update should only cost us 50 to 100 dollars. They made this update for one reason only to sell and make big money out of a system you allready bought. Hell they should give us the new update for free as far I'm concern. A bunch of company does it, why pioneer can't do it. They still going to make big money selling the new z120bt itself.

Thats Why I'm a Gaming PC and Your a Mac. If you like to give money away good for you, but I don't like it not even bit.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree wtih Vblue42. You are getting not only a map upgrade but other enhancements as well vs purchasing a brand new unit for $1000+ bucks . Now - I could understand if Pioneer wanted consumers to purchase the new z120 model for the map upgrade - yes that would suck big time. But for upgrading the existing unit for $200 is not all that bad considering your getting map updates, and other enhancements to the unit to make it a z120. The same procedure was followed with the Z1, Z2 and Z3. Those updates were $200 at the time. I do understand your concern about people forking out $1000+ for the z110 unit thats not even a yr old, then pioneer wanting you to spend $200 more on a map upgrade. Believe me I understand. But for the people who did buy the z110, they could have waited for the z120 unit to come out to purchase it then .. There are a ton of posts on here that made everyone aware that the z120 was coming out so people could have waited or bite the bullet and get the z110, then upgrade. its actually cheaper to buy the z110 then buy the map upgrade, depending on what website you purchase it from of course.

Maybe (I don't really know if they have or not) they could drop the price of the remaining 110's then. I know they offer a 200 rebate but thats not the same.

Yes, you are basically getting a new unit for 200. What I want to know is why it came so soon and not with the unit in the first place? Pandora has been around for a while, Scrolling techniques that are being taunted have been around. The only thing I can see that pioneer did not know about before release of the 110 was the new roads.

Anyway this has been run into the ground so I will part this thread and return to mainly reading the new responses :P

Ahhh the entitlement society. If it's not given to you.......steal it.

I'm with VBLUE as well. I bought my unit in January, knowing the upgrade was coming, and it would cost ~$200.00 based on info on this forum. I've already order mine, as I've been looking forward to it.

As already stated in this thread, this cost is in line with map upgrades to most integrated nav systems.

I think i have an idea to get this to work. Let me know if this sounds reasonable.

We need someone who has purchased a 120BT or upgraded to the 120bt to imagine their drive. We could then pull our HDD from the 110 and connect to a PC to do a restore based on the new software thereby eliminating the need for the validation check.

If MIGHT be possible to do this as well from just the files from the SD update...but would have to take a closer look at the files.

Thoughts? If someone can post their upgrade files - i'd like to look into this further.

I agree we should have to pay for map updates... but i would like the GUI update at a reasonable price. By bundling them together they are probably going to get people to buy it when they normally would not with just a map update. Case in point - Im happy with the maps i have and feel no need to update them at $200... if the GUI was a separate update however i'd pay $50-$75 or praise Pioneer for a free update.

Did Microsoft give you the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. Again people, this is nothing new. No company gives you a new unit in software without you paying something for it. In this case, Pioneer basically has. Your paying for the maps and getting the new unit thrown in. If you compare Pioneer in this case with Kenwood, Alpine, Carion, or JVC, you will have to purchase the new unit to get the new features that you don't get with the model you just bought two months ago. Pioneer is the only one out of the in dash navi companies that is giving the opportunity to have the new unit for 200 dollars.

I see the point of getting a bonus GUI with a map purchase, but I also think the GUI could be a free or cheaper update. I do see other companies providing free updates. I just got a free update for my kindle which adds a bunch of new features. Apple continuously updates the iPhone with free firmware.So other companies do offer free updates...

Did Microsoft give you the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. Again people, this is nothing new. No company gives you a new unit in software without you paying something for it. In this case, Pioneer basically has. Your paying for the maps and getting the new unit thrown in. If you compare Pioneer in this case with Kenwood, Alpine, Carion, or JVC, you will have to purchase the new unit to get the new features that you don't get with the model you just bought two months ago. Pioneer is the only one out of the in dash navi companies that is giving the opportunity to have the new unit for 200 dollars.

New Vista Buyers Will Get Free Upgrade to Windows 7

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/2 ... windows-7/

M$FT always does this