AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

Microsoft offered free upgrades to Windows 7 ONLY because they are partnered with manufactures who would have taken a hit in PC sales from people waiting for the new OS.

Microsoft DOES NOT make a habit of giving their software away, NOR SHOULD PIONEER.

Why do you think Pioneer was offering a $200 dollar rebate on their head unit . . . and now the upgrade price is $200. Doesn't take a rocket scientist people . . . they knew that word of the Z120 would get out, but they didn't want to take a hit in sales on the Z110.

We demand all these upgrades/modifications and then expect Pioneer to just give it to us free? Seriously?

IMO Pioneer did us a solid by not leaving us to rot on an old head unit. They breathed new life in the Z110 by providing a relatively cheap upgrade path to the Z120. They could have done like most other corporations and forced us to purchase a new HU for $1300+, but they did not.

I do agree it would be nice to purchase the upgrade the GUI software w/out having to purchase the maps (maps are decent for my area). But for what I am getting and for the due diligence that Pioneer has shown I am giving two thumbs up - Keep up the good work!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree, who ever wants to give money away feel free lol. Lets just keep it on the down low before pioneer takes extremes actions and do something stupid. I will be waiting for the image who ever wants to share it. Lets talk about the new upgrade, does it run as fast and better than the current version? It may be some bugs on it that have been fixed yet. Who knows. Sometimes by watching a video you thinks is better, but when you actually get to it and use it there may be functions that you may not like. I hope this is not the case though.

This forum could use a new section, "Cry Me a River.."

This is the exact reason I don't post here anymore.

I'm starting to see why good people like inferno999 and hyperite were on their way out when I came into the scene. Answering the idiotic questions and having to listen to the whiners day-in and day-out gets extremely tiring. My time is better wasted elsewhere.

Seems pretty common now-a-days..... Everybody exspects something for nothing....

Next thing... You see them crying on CNN

I only wish they would have included some of the known bugs.... Although I know why they didn't..... They won't let you pay for bug fixes...instead they will hopefully follow as free updates(like previous Zs)....

From my few years of owning pioneers Navis.... This is the biggest update to date.... I have no problems tossing 200 for this update...

$200 still seems like a lot. How does the password work on this? Do you get a unique password for each SD card? Does it authenticate to the unit some how?

I guess they could just not offer an upgrade at all and require you to pay 1500-2000 for the new unit. Kinda like all the other companies do.

:lol: Exactly! $200 for essentially a new unit isn't bad at all. Just ordered the upgrade with 2-day express (being the impatient bastard that I am :wink: ). Would have liked to see some screenshots or demo vids first but I'll take the leap and hope for the best... LOVE my z110bt (z120bt?) for the first 8 months and hope it just gets better with the upgrade!

I ordered mine from the place I got my 110 from. I'm going to get it at his cost, which we think will be around 150. I'm hoping to have it sometime this week too.

As for the price, $200 for new maps and GUI? I think it's easily worth it. You don't want the maps? Fine, you're payin 200 for an update instead of 1000+ on a new HU. Don't want the GUI? Fine, you're payin 200 for a map update as normal with a free new interface.

In the end, no one is forcing you to buy anything, you don't like the price, don't buy it. Seems pretty simple.

VBlue42 Comporations doesn't care much about customers if thats what your trying to say. I understand your a big fan but truly I believe that update should only cost us 50 to 100 dollars. They made this update for one reason only to sell and make big money out of a system you allready bought. Hell they should give us the new update for free as far I'm concern. A bunch of company does it, why pioneer can't do it. They still going to make big money selling the new z120bt itself.

Thats Why I'm a Gaming PC and Your a Mac. If you like to give money away good for you, but I don't like it not even bit.

My Mac would piss all over your 'gaming PC' and I didn't throw money away to build it. Just saying...