AVIC411.com

2010 map updates CNSD - 200FM

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be aware the screen images are still of the F10/20BT and you will not get the new interface of those units.

Yep it says that on the site:

If you own an AVIC-F710BT or AVIC-F910BT/F9110BT, your software or interface doesn’t need updating. The CNSD-200FM will however install the latest map data.

But how much of a change has the map update provided?

And

will we not get this:

Faster touch panel response

With each successive year, our engineers strike to make features better and faster. This software will make the on-screen reaction to your commands even quicker.

My unit is so slow and unresponsive sometimes..........

Yes, I read that part...

What about the software updates for the BT900 & BT90's??? what do they consist of? just the same from the BT910 V3 or newer???

I wish people would stop sayin' "it's not like the photos" and give some info for the subject...

So, as long as people keep sayin' it's not like the photos... I'm gonna keep askin'!!!!

So, what are the software updates?????????????????????????????

So, what are the software updates?????????????????????????????

There are no software updates. You don't have to believe what your told on this forum. Just buy the upgrade and find out for yourself.

And

will we not get this:

Faster touch panel response

With each successive year, our engineers strike to make features better and faster. This software will make the on-screen reaction to your commands even quicker.

My unit is so slow and unresponsive sometimes..........

These are all of the improvements that were given with the 3.0 software upgrade a year ago. If your still on 2.0 then yes, you will see these improvements. If your already on 3.0, you already have them.

Just finished mine as well - and there ARE more options in various menus. Previously I could not get it to display the device number anywhere - pioneer guy I talked to at support said it will display when I boot from the SD card, and he was right. now, however, I have a new system info option that includes telling me the device number.

910BT, here's what mine updated:

APL - 2.020100 > 4.000100

DATA - 2.000100 - 3.000000

Map - up to 3.0 now, didn't display previous version.

Unit IS more responsive, and I just did the firmware update in May, so I had thought mine was as current as you can get. Maybe there was another download I wasn't aware of, however, there IS more to this evidently than maps alone for the 910BT if you're in the same state I was, this being a brand new purchase... Haven't done anything yet with the map since it's after 10 PM, my 6 year old is in bed and I don't want to leave him alone here to drive around and play, I can do that tomorrow.

Seem to have more options for sound control as well, things that I don't remember being there previously for settings, since I had been through this pretty thoroughly when I got it just a couple months ago for my new smart....

But not having the "old" options anymore I can't do a direct compare.

Certainly got my phonebook / contact info from my iPhone4 much quicker this time when i did a complete download/wipe of existing data.

Since I have a convertible, I'm hoping there's truth to whatever they were saying about helping it be visible in bright sunlight, but we'll see...