AVIC411.com

2010 map updates CNSD - 200FM

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE - I figured it out. The 200FM that shipped to me did not include any instructions in it, but I was reviewing the instruction booklet I still had from the 100FM update, and saw that you are supposed to put in the SD card and boot and it will display the Device Number. I'm going to leave this post here in case anyone else doesn't get an instruction book and has the same question.

----Original Question----

I think I'm going crazy.. I just received the CNSD-200FM... I wasn't going to buy it just for the map updates, but some of the comments in this thread convinced me that just maybe, it will fix my problem I've had since the 100FM update, which is the radio booting to the wrong screen 2 out of 3 times. Drives me insane.

Anyway, back to the crazy part... I booted up my F900BT, went to Settings, System Settings, Service Info... the only things listed there are the Map Version and Version, no Device Number. I need the Device Number to do the 200FM update. Am I missing the screen that shows the Device Number? I swear I've hit every button, option, etc.. The Help on the Pioneer activation website is geared towards a different model.

Now, I have my Device Number written down from the 100FM update still, but just wondering if anyone can point out my mistake, or if maybe something has happened to my device?

Thanks

Not sure that I'm correct in your case. But for me I had to boot with the SD Card in and it opened a screen with the device number..... I have the 910.

Once I had that number, I paired it with the Media Number that was on the paper with my SD Cards.. (Used the B card to Update)

Follow the guide in the link on this page http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Accessories/NavigationUpgrades/CNSD-200FM?tab=D

Thanks Rebel and Soccer. The update went fine, took about 45 min., no problems. I don't drive this car very often so I couldn't really tell if the response was faster or if it fixed my bootup problem, but it did seem like accessing the SD card for my stored music was a lot faster.. it usually took like 10 seconds when I would switch to SD, it seemed to only take about 2 when I was trying it last night.

Now... I have to go put my favorite three mods back in and remember how to do all that... (route cancel button, mute button, and speed limit sign).

Thanks!

You need to get it from the file itself. go to the file: \apl2\igo\ezrider.exe

Also what is the WinCe version? it is stored in LPUE080PLT.HTM in the root of the flashdrive.

ezrider shows as 8.3.2.139336 and the version shown in LPUE80PLT is 6.2.2.8

So, are these newer versions?

Can anyone confirm if the many nagging bugs in 3.x have been fixed? Like: random boot to black/nav screen, HD tuner preset info, skipping multiple channels, going to map at end of call, 3-d limited zoom and street names, ...

I'm not paying that much for just maps - I wish they'd just release a firmware update to fix the existing bugs!

You need to get it from the file itself. go to the file: \apl2\igo\ezrider.exe

Also what is the WinCe version? it is stored in LPUE080PLT.HTM in the root of the flashdrive.

ezrider shows as 8.3.2.139336 and the version shown in LPUE80PLT is 6.2.2.8

So, are these newer versions?

Great. If someone can post the file, we could see if it can be hacked to allow other maps...