AVIC411.com

2010 map updates CNSD - 200FM

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this forum would be good if the admin's included a "THANKS" button... so people could gauge who helps the most, by way of reputation. Instead of relying on post counts to try & work out who's helped out the most...

Yeah, another useless post for the subject... without any useful info. But, at least I'm gettin' my post count up :lol:

Installed this update this afternoon. After using my F90BT all week last week on a trip to Florida, I can say it seems to be significantly faster. It did do a firmware update to version 4.0, and performed a 45 minute update of all of the data files.

One thing very interesting to note is that when I generated the password for my hardware ID and the media ID for the CNSD-200FM upgrade SD's, it gave me the exact same password as when I installed the CNSD-100FM update last year....

very interesting.... just sayin.... 8)

oh, BTW, I only had to use the B card in the package, and not the A card. Haven't really looked at the files, but I'm betting the A and B cards are used to go from version 2.xxx to 4.0 and B card only is for version 3.xxx to 4.0.

Hey Soccercoach61

Thanks for the info. Good to know testmode still works. Do you have any mods installed on your unit and did the update adversely affect any of it? I just might do this update if Diaftia's & Abb1's mods will continue to work just fine with it.

I put a clean install of 3.01 back on to do the upgrade. I have IDT's mods, so later today or tomorrow I'm going to reinstall them and check it for compatibility.

VBLUE42 is right about the screen photos from the post in the first page; it's not a photo of the UI for this update. From what I remember of the factory 3.01 firmware (I didn't stop to look yesterday when I reimaged it back to 3.01), the new UI looks a lot like the 3.01 UI - which was an improvement over the 2.xxx screens... I just haven't had time to go through all the menu options yet and look around.

I have "Map version: 01.000800" and "Version: 2.000000" according to the Service Information screen on my AVIC-F90BT. Can I just run this CNSD-200FM update to bring it to the latest version of everything, or do I need to run firmware update 2.0080 available at the Pioneer website before I run CNSD-200FM? Are the installation instructions the same as those found in Official 3.0 Update Tutorial? Thank you very much!

For anyone who can patiently wait to apply this update, you can save on shipping and taxes if you order CNSD-200FM from Amazon.com ("Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.") I did.