AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

The i5 wont work on the App Radio because there is no more video out from the dock connection.

Then I will wait for a pioneer hardware uptade to support the i5.

Thanks

Not with this unit. Maybe on the next unit if ever. Video out is now only support through Airplay and to my knowledge there is no remote control protocol with Airplay like there is with the Dock Connector. That means control from the screen is likely over for good or at least for a while.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with this unit. Maybe on the next unit if ever. Video out is now only support through Airplay and to my knowledge there is no remote control protocol with Airplay like there is with the Dock Connector. That means control from the screen is likely over for good or at least for a while.

Well maybe not then.

I searched all over to try and find an answer to this...

this is what I found in macworld.

"As with the 30-pin connector, the Lightning connector supports video output; Apple told Macworld that Lightning-to-HDMI and Lightning-to-VGA cables will be available “in the coming months.â€"

found from: http://www.macworld....ns_for_you.html

also from : http://www.trustedre...cables-incoming

So the real question is, how soon will pioneer be able to research and engineer a cable that goes from the lightning port to our radios?

Also, I wonder, if I were to take the lightning cable that came with the iphone, plug it into the usb port that the iphone cable plugs into, then take a male-male headphone cable and plug it into the other female cable attached, would THAT work? Just wondering... I doubt it, but what if...

Also found here: http://avic411.com/i...we-know-so-far/

From what we currently understand, the iPhone 5, with the 30 pin adapter and the current cable from pioneer:

• Will support audio iPod output.
  • Will support audio out apps (like Pandora)
    • Might support controls (thumb up, thumb down, next, etc)

[*]Will NOT support video iPod, video app, or Enhanced App Radio functions.

I think I feel a little better now.

Just a crazy thought. I realy wounder what will happen if u get the Iphone 5 hooked up to the HDMI Port of the Appradio. That could be very well a sollution to alot of Problems. HDMI is fully digital (correct me if i´m wrong). To take this a litte further, I wonder if we would be able to mirror the hole phone onto the Appradio2 via HDMI. It has been done with XBoxes, etc,.. and over at XDA Developers they just managed to mirror Android Phones though the HDMI Port.

Anyone any thoughts on that ??

Cheers Goofy

Hi Mike

My appriciation is too little in front of what you have presented in shape of AppRadio Extensions, but I am here to appriciate your working (cheers...). Just want to let you know that I am using this with my Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. and its working great. Since this project is in its Beta so I can understand few bugs. One thing which I have noticed is iPhone heats up while using it in APPRadio Mode and the other thing is while receiving phone calls notification alerts do not work, can you please have a look on these

Thanks

One thing which I have noticed is iPhone heats up while using it in APPRadio Mode and the other thing is while receiving phone calls notification alerts do not work, can you please have a look on these

The iPhone heating up is a known issue with the way Pioneer/Apple designed the video out. The iPhone screen has to be on in order to display the app on the head unit. I've been messing around with toggling the brightness of the screen when plugged in but nothing is included in the Extensions yet.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32028-is-anyone-elses-appradio-cooking-their-iphone/

I don't have the 8400 but I assume when you get a phone call, the built in call screen is displayed. I am only able to show notifications over the iPhone apps. You won't see them when any of the screens built into the firmware are displayed (including Pandora).

hey Mike, when I use netflix the video plays smoothly on my 8400 but when I use other video streaming such as Directv Sunday Ticket the video on the phone is smooth but a little choppy on the 8400. Is there a setting for this or is this something between the extensions and Sunday Ticket app?

when I use netflix the video plays smoothly on my 8400 but when I use other video streaming such as Directv Sunday Ticket the video on the phone is smooth but a little choppy on the 8400. Is there a setting for this or is this something between the extensions and Sunday Ticket app?

My guess:

The Netflix app supports external displays (TV out), so video plays natively on the headunit. The Directv Sunday Ticket app most likely doesn't support TV out (I know the Optimum app doesn't), so when the video is playing it's using the mirroring feature built into the extensions to show the video on the screen. At the moment, the mirroring component in AppRadio Extensions doesn't have a good frame rate. Hopefully I can fix this at some point.

I'm confused on how to get this to work): I have the appradio extensions the cydia hack and all the dependencies instlled but it wont work): I get to the app screen and it shows the apps i've listed to be able to control but when I go to the app it wont let me control them, it just shows the red no touch thing in the top right:(

I have tried the new updated version of AppEx and I still get black screen only (with audio) when I start an unsported app. I have all the dependencies installed as well.

I thought the black screen issue was gone with the latest release. Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?

Just upgraded to ios 6 and installed cydia but until cydia has been updated with the required preferences etc, appradio extensions no longer work :-(

PreferenceLoader hasn't been updated for iOS 6 yet so you have to set everything manually to get it to work. Not really bad news, just need to wait for an official jailbreak. The current jailbreak is targeted at developers for testing.

• RonS locked this topic