AVIC411.com

ok i got my hd to read now what?

Guest jake

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this suckers nice

The Bain Unit, comprising the car computer unit and a built-in 40-GB hard disk as the central section of the navigation system, can be removed from the system's main unit and used at home by installing in the "Living Kit". ATRAC-format*9 music tracks purchased via a PC from music distribution service sites such as "Mora" or "Yahoo! Music Download" can be transmitted to the Brain Unit, using the Justsystem's digital audio software "BeatJam*10". It is also possible to purchase music tracks from "Any Music" via the internet and download them directly to the Brain Unit without using a PC. The user can enjoy the music tracks stored in the Brain Unit both at home and in the car.

The users can download the latest map data to the Brain Unit at home via a broadband connection. Pioneer started implementing this method for the first time in the industry in September 2005
sonice stage plays aa3's though. there are different types of atrac formats as you can see on wikipedia link i posted prior.

someone download the liquid audio plugin for winamp on a non sp2 machine please and try it.

it says it will play .at3 extension files!
Hey Pulp

just curious, does the gracenote data base have anything to do with this?

as in if the at3 file is somehow linked to the gracenote file?

just my 2 cents i could be way off

btw how big is that data base?
[quote name="Anonymous"]pulp-
are you trying to play the at3 files off the hd, or were they copied to a diff hd.

i wonder if there is going to some type of bluetooth hack for the z1 to upload files to it.[/quote]

Tried both. I didn't think it would matter. Do you have an idea?
[quote name="tgrove"]Hey Pulp

just curious, does the gracenote data base have anything to do with this?

as in if the at3 file is somehow linked to the gracenote file?

just my 2 cents i could be way off

btw how big is that data base?[/quote]

I think this is the database you are asking about:
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2842-78F8

Directory of C:\z1\ldata\AV

06/09/2006 10:21 AM .
06/09/2006 10:21 AM ..
06/09/2006 10:21 AM CDDB
0 File(s) 0 bytes

Directory of C:\z1\ldata\AV\CDDB

06/09/2006 10:21 AM .
06/09/2006 10:21 AM ..
12/12/2005 03:27 PM 78,910,528 ECDDB.IDX
01/24/2006 08:13 AM 96 ECDDB.INF
12/12/2005 03:27 PM 283,779,684 ECDDB.MDT
01/19/2006 05:16 AM 14,404,232 ECDDB.UDT
01/19/2006 05:16 AM 3,757,120 ECDDB.UDX
5 File(s) 380,851,660 bytes

However it is in the map partition which I didn't expect. All other CDDB directories are empty on the other partitions.
well the idea i had was that like someone said before the headers of the files might be stripped off. if that is the case the only way that the unit know what the song is, is thru that database.

now you mentioned something about the cddb info is in anyother partion
that might be the key
maybe we are looking in the wrong area for the answers

is the image of the drive uploaded yet i ould like to take a lookie
[quote name="Pulp_Fiction"] [quote name="Anonymous"]pulp-
are you trying to play the at3 files off the hd, or were they copied to a diff hd.

i wonder if there is going to some type of bluetooth hack for the z1 to upload files to it.[/quote]

Tried both. I didn't think it would matter. Do you have an idea?[/quote]

im wondering if you clear off all the songs on the drive, take an image of the drive, then load only one song on the drive, do a disk comparison and see what files got modified during the file making process. Will help to narrow things down alot.
[quote name="tgrove"]well the idea i had was that like someone said before the headers of the files might be stripped off. if that is the case the only way that the unit know what the song is, is thru that database.

now you mentioned something about the cddb info is in anyother partion
that might be the key
maybe we are looking in the wrong area for the answers

is the image of the drive uploaded yet i ould like to take a lookie[/quote]

The image contains copyrighted data so I don't want to upload the image until I understand what I'm uploading.

I do believe the headers are stripped off since the error I got when trying to convert the at3 file to wav was "RIFF header not present"

Maybe this will help for now?
I'll upload a dirlist of each of the 4 partitions.
ldata sdata msv and user are the partition names.
ldata is the main map drive
sdata seems to have applications
msv has the music we upload to the Z1
user has some random sht. Error, wallpaper, etc.
Wow...just looked through the dir structure. Thats gonna be a pain in the ass. Hey Pioneer developers, give us a hint, "accidently" leak some info! ;)

On a side note the upcoming Japanese AVIC-ZH009 looks freakin' awesome. Anyone know if that is Japan only or is it coming state side? I wonder how long until they release. Damn you for posting that link! Now I'll just think about upgrading to that thing. lol I love toys.
I tried the winamp liquid audio plugin on a XP SP1 machine and it didn't work. I tried [url=http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Sony_ATRAC3_Audio_Codec.htm]http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Son ... _Codec.htm[/url] and no go.
I also tried this codec pack [url=http://www.free-codecs.com/download/BoliGego_Codec_Manager.htm]http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Bol ... anager.htm[/url], it says the at3 is a video format, but it didn't work either.

pulp_fiction, I know you've spent a lot of time on this, but I noticed you added a CD to the z1, would it be possible to convert the CD using the sonic stage at3 converter and then compare the files using a hex compare program? I've used this hex compare program for work stuff and it worked okay, [url=http://www.download.com/HexCmp/3000-2352_4-10393506.html?tag=lst-0-4]http://www.download.com/HexCmp/3000-235 ... ag=lst-0-4[/url]. It might show that the z1 files are just missing the header as mentioned earlier. Good work so far. I don't even own the z1 yet, but I can't help wanting to crack this thing.
I would say it is going to be a couple years. As for the quality of the monitor, Pioneer is releasing the 7800DVD any day now with picture quality like the one in the picture. The nav will be the hard part though. Japan is so small that it is much easier for the data companies to produce 3D images like the one shown. Would be very difficult to do in the US because you would need a gigantic hard-drive, increasing the price dramatically and there would always be problems with new construction. Found this also, looks like an 11 inch rear seat monitor (looks like a baby plasma.) Would be over $1000 with the exchange though.

[url=http://pioneer.jp/carrozzeria/products/tvm_w1100/index.html]http://pioneer.jp/carrozzeria/products/ ... index.html[/url]

[quote name="edrock200"]Wow...just looked through the dir structure. Thats gonna be a pain in the ass. Hey Pioneer developers, give us a hint, "accidently" leak some info! ;)

On a side note the upcoming Japanese AVIC-ZH009 looks freakin' awesome. Anyone know if that is Japan only or is it coming state side? I wonder how long until they release. Damn you for posting that link! Now I'll just think about upgrading to that thing. lol I love toys.[/quote]