AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I have performed the two wire bypass and confirmed ground. I inserted the ISO disk and hit map. It read the disk and returned the following message: "inserted update disk is already updated". :?

Has anyone ever recived this message? I searched the forum and could not find it.

I installed my unit about a month ago and it would not accept the latest firmware update. Already installed...

It appears everything works as expected without the Software Update. GPS /Phone. I did not try to play a DVD while driving.

Keith

No problems to my knowledge. I was curious if the software update is an absolute in ALL cases. Maybe the newer Z2's with the latest firmware do not require it. (?)

Thank you for your input. :wink:

Keith

Yeah, we know. The update was contained from the factory starting at the end of June 2007.

Alright guys, i still have a problem.

As in the sticky it says ground the light green wire which is a parking brake sensor wire, not the parking brake switch wire. Well i bought AVIC-Z2 and it only has i light green wire out of the Power Connector block from the back of Z2, the rest of the wires are different color and they are for speakers. The light green wire i have said Parking Switch wire, so i ground it and it gave me ability to do every thing just like i should be with the factory installed or with out hack.

But once the car start moving above 5mph. It locks the ability to watch Movie and change destination, and i get message saying your parking brake wire is not properly installed, but once to click on the message goes away, but when you are on the traffic light standing still in gear not even in parking. All the options comes back, and as soon as you start moving again they goes away.

My questions are.

1. Where is the other light green wire behind AVIC- Z2 i checked all wires i could not find any light green except one which i mentioned up ?

2. should i leave the parking switch light green wire ground permenantly ?

3. It would not cause any damage would it ?

My questions are.

1. Where is the other light green wire behind AVIC- Z2 i checked all wires i could not find any light green except one which i mentioned up ?

2. should i leave the parking switch light green wire ground permenantly ?

3. It would not cause any damage would it ?

Follow directions, goddamn

1) there isn't another one, you got the correct green one. still missing a wire though, but it's not green!

2) yes

3) no

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Go here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

And Here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =step+step

(Credit the previous posters for their great input)

Removing the cell phone mute wire, placing it in the correct postition of connector 2, and GROUNDING IT should do it. You may have to do the software upgrade and reset the unit as well.

Keith

please don't hurt the noob . . .

New Z3 owner here, getting ready to tackle the install. I just want to know if the software upload-update portion of the hack is still necessary (assume I will accomplish the "2 wire" grounding exercise successfully). In fact, I don't see any other Z3 owners posting in this thread??

Sorry if I am asking the most foolish of all questions, I promise I read the other 50 pages of posts in this thread . . .

ok, quick edit, sorry to junk up your thread, according to THIS post it is just the two-wire bypass that is needed, at least I think that's what the point is:

you right, I dont see any thread that said about an iso for Z3, therefore I asked. People says that the bypass is like a Z2, and I read that you have to update with an iso for Z2. But the person on the first post of this thread did it with a 2 wire method and mention nothing of an update with an iso. So for those who already by-pass a Z3, could you please answer my question instead of those who dont own a Z3 and havnt done a bypass on a Z3.

Ths ISO image was necessary for certain manufacture dates of Z2 to update them for use with the 2-wire bypass.

The Z3 image instructions say that it is bypassable with the same 2-wire bypass.