AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

I know you're just running machine translation from whatever language you speak, but it's not getting across very well. If you followed the english instructions, it'll work just like the thousands of people who have done it before you. Check your wires and try again.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're just running machine translation from whatever language you speak, but it's not getting across very well. If you followed the english instructions, it'll work just like the thousands of people who have done it before you. Check your wires and try again.

Thank you for everything, connect the wires as is detailed in this post. Before reading this post, I had done ta bypass, as is the same as for other units as alpine.

The problem is that it works, but when it takes some time turn on the Z2 and I said "you have done a connections of the handbrake and blah blah .... ceases to operate ..."

Thank you for everything, connect the wires as is detailed in this post. Before reading this post, I had done ta bypass, as is the same as for other units as alpine.

The problem is that it works, but when it takes some time turn on the Z2 and I said "you have done a connections of the handbrake and blah blah .... ceases to operate ..."

ya your bypass isnt hooked up correctly. if you only hooked up the green wire, then you only did half the job. you hafta move the pin for the black n yellow wire and ground that out with the green wire. if you already did the black and yellow wire, then you either put it in the wrong connector, or the pin isnt properly secured in the right connector. check again and see.

OK, My Avic Z2 was made on july 2007, so i went to circuit city to get it installed and bypassed, but the guy told me that he couldn't bypass it because of the date it was done and there was no way to do it unless i go back to the Z1, and why would i want to do that? so im here out of luck until i found this website. great info. So i downloaded the update since it said post june, but when i inserted it in a screen popped up and indicated that there was no need to update.

so what should i do now?

anyone out there to help. i looked through the posts, but none that can help me out and frustration kicked in.

thanks!

Do the 2-wire bypass

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

OK, My Avic Z2 was made on july 2007, so i went to circuit city to get it installed and bypassed, but the guy told me that he couldn't bypass it because of the date it was done and there was no way to do it unless i go back to the Z1, and why would i want to do that? so im here out of luck until i found this website. great info. So i downloaded the update since it said post june, but when i inserted it in a screen popped up and indicated that there was no need to update.

so what should i do now?

anyone out there to help. i looked through the posts, but none that can help me out and frustration kicked in.

thanks!

I searched but I can't search this specific thread with this forum software.

I want to verify that the iso images does 2 things:

1. 2-wire bypass (I know that it does that)

2. Freeze update (or do I have to do that separately)

If you could update the 1st post in this thread to clarify that is does specifically remedy the freeze as well that would be great.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...