AVIC411.com

[FIX] SDCard Failed? Software Error on your w4500nex? Look here!

Well I have some good news! I did some testing today and can confirm that the 32gb SD cards work great! I tried a Sandisk Extreme and an Extreme Pro and they both work well. As for the software I tried both the AVIC4500only file and a copy of the OEM SD card. Both seem to actually work really well but the AVIC4500only was version 1.02 of the firmware and the OEM SD card was version 1.06. I don't have steering wheel controls so I couldn't test those unfortunately. The headunit seems faster with the new SD cards and it is also way less buggy. I think my original SD card was pretty full for a while as my headunit got really buggy before totally giving out. Also the original SD card had version 1.00 firmware with no way to update it which is kinda werid. Pioneer really needs to support their products better

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/12/2023 at 3:37 PM, jnavic said:

OEM will not need device ID reprogramming as it is same for same.  The other images floating around are modified 4400 images, and do need a reprogram (also the 8500 image that works well from @asd255)

The Ebay guy claims to have copied an original card. He even calls out the fake cards. Hence it was weird his didn't work with Maestro but OEM replacement did.

12 minutes ago, dd36 said:

The Ebay guy claims to have copied an original card. He even calls out the fake cards. Hence it was weird his didn't work with Maestro but OEM replacement did.

Hard to say what's real and what isn't - it's unfortunate, but there are some people trying to recoup their costs, and some trying to just make money.  Some you win, some you lose.

On 2/11/2023 at 10:21 PM, dd36 said:

Also, isn’t the underlying problem that the 16GB card fills up with logs or something? So wouldn’t a 32GB last longer?

That was one thought but I don't think that's the case. My 4500 failed and i real-programmed the same SD card (took countless hours to figure out how to even make the card visible in a computer). And then it still had bootloop issues after reprogramming. So I think the flash memory just starts to fail.

The other issue, even if it was a storage space issue is that simply putting it into a larger SD card doesn't mean there's more "usable" space available. The partitions from the image (specificially the partition where logs are stored) would need to be enlarged as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...