AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a particular size Toshiba GAX drive you recommend.

30, 40, and 60 have been widely used with success

Not to butt in...but would it be safe to use a 60GB as is, without expanding any of the partitions?

Thanks, got a 60 on order, should be here next week. FYI, took the car for a drive, played music from my library, looked up a POI and was talking to a friend via B/T, and it seemed all fine. Got back, parked, transferred a couple of Contacts from my phone and got a reboot.

So there you have it.

Thanks for your help and advise Hyperite.

Michael

I know I'm probably gonna get pimp-slapped for this, but...

The download says "virgin Z3". Knowing the folks around here, I assume that even though it says "virgin", that it already has the 2-wire-bypass-hack applied - or does the old Z2 2-wire-hack need to be applied over the top of the installed Z3 image?

(ducks and runs for cover)...

Rick

It DOESN'T MENTION whether the image is 2-wire bypassed or not anywhere in this thread. Or actually, maybe the question should be - Will my 2-wire-bypassed Z2 work with this image (ie: is the Z3 2-wire-bypass, the same as the Z2). Still catching up on all the threads, been out on tour and haven't been here in awhile.

I bought new Toshiba 40 Gig HDD. FTP'd the image - removed security on the drive. re installed new drive. Works like a charm. New maps have my street on them now!

Some settings like rear camera worked without re-config. Bluetooth phone came up right away. no need to re pair the phone. iPod and XM worked right away. Phone book and music gone however.

Thanks for the Z3 image guys !!!!

Rolf

"You will need to connect the drive to your PC (use something like this http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/ Do not use their cheaper HDD unlock wizard service. This will erase your drive. The repair station will unlock it and leave it intact. You can load up their free drive info tool to verify you have connected the drive to your PC correctly.

The repair station program will check the drive to verify they can unlock before you pay anything."

Am I missing something? Is everyone using that same unlocking site? According to them "Per-use License, Each license allows you to recover or unlock a certain number of hard drives. License Price Purchase. License for 1 recovery $49.95"

I know the 'save-my-data' price is around that but what about the 'don't-care-about-my-data' price of around $5 I've seen in posts. My question is where is that option :?: Someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2 quick questions

1. Im using my original Z3 drive which is 30GB and Im going to take the $5 route. Can this be done on a 30gb drive. The reason Im asking is b/c I thought that the new Z3 comes with a 40gb drive

2. I have acronis open but im not sure which catergory to choose. I see (bakc up and restore) (Disk Utilities) (Try& Decide) and (management tools). Which one of these catergories do I choose and from there what should I do. Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I have been visiting this site for quite a while but this is my first post on this forum. Last week I purchased a Z2 and one of the primary reasons of my selection was your knowledgeable community! Thanks for all of the great information!

I have found that you use various type of Toshiba hard drives despite not all of them belong to the automotive HDD class. (I believe the higher the shock and vibration resistance and operating temperature range the higher the longevity of the HDD in a vehicle).

Interestingly, all of the official automotive HDD’s RPM is 4,200 - no 5,400 RPM HDD is in this class, i.e. no 60GB storage capacity drives. Also, the 60GB has significantly narrower temperature resistance range.

If the excess storage capacity - above the stock 30GB - could be fully used for music storage, my first choice would be the 80GB MK8050GAC, otherwise I would go for the 40GB MK4050GAC simply because of their higher temperature resistance range.

Source:

http://www.toshibastorage.com/main.aspx?Path=StorageSolutions/AutomotiveHardDiskDrives

Toshiba Automotive HDDs.xls