AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

Thanks romney good to know, and man was that close, cause I almost did it earlier.

To infinkc, I know you don't have the Eastern disc, but more out of curiosity, shouldn't have your N5 come with both discs, (I thought both discs were always a package deal?)

To those that have updated and have an iPhone, in the incredibly unlikely case, can anyone confirm if maybe Pioneer added PULL contacts support, (cause if they did I'm packing up the house and moving to the west coast :-P )

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried burning with Magic ISO...tried decompressing and burning with ImgBurn...each time gave me the "This is not the appropriate disk..." message. Not sure what the deal is. :(

Unfortunately, the CD/DVD drives in the AVIC-D1 & AVIC-D2 do not support DVD Dual Layer discs.

AVIC-D1 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d1-dvd-specs.jpg

AVIC-D2 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d2-dvd-specs.jpg

AVIC-D3 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d3-dvd-specs.jpg

I don't think that is correct. The 2007 disk (CNDV-70MTP) is 7.6 Gigs and I burned it to a DL DVD for my avic d1 and it worked fine.

I've tried burning with Magic ISO...tried decompressing and burning with ImgBurn...each time gave me the "This is not the appropriate disk..." message. Not sure what the deal is. :(

Unfortunately, the CD/DVD drives in the AVIC-D1 & AVIC-D2 do not support DVD Dual Layer discs.

AVIC-D1 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d1-dvd-specs.jpg

AVIC-D2 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d2-dvd-specs.jpg

AVIC-D3 DVD/CD Player Specifications

avic-d3-dvd-specs.jpg

I've tried burning with Magic ISO...tried decompressing and burning with ImgBurn...each time gave me the "This is not the appropriate disk..." message. Not sure what the deal is. Sad

Try to verify your disk against avic80 file.

If fail set 1x and burn it again.

If verify pass then you have compatibility issue.

If you burned avic-70 backup successfully, use that burning soft and burner combination.

Hit or Miss but general idea to increase compatibility.

1.Use newer burner.

2.Update to latest burner firmware and burning soft.

3.Set book type to DVD-ROM(default for most of supported newer burner)

4.Use +R disk.

I used Sony burner become Optiak burner after firmware update, latest ImgBurn and Memorex dvd+r dl and successfully backed up avic-70 two month ago and use same setup this time and worked again.

Romney - D1 supports dual layer. Works just fine with my 70mtp backup. I'm sure it's something I'm doing (or not doing)...but 4 DL disks later and I still don't know what it is.

HT2 - I've verified the back up disk to the file and it comes back 100% I'm using Optiarc AD-7190a (Sony optical drive).

So here's what I've done...

DLed back up file of 80mp. Unpacked with Winzip, used output .UIF file with Magic ISO to write data to Memorex DL DVD+R. No joy.

Decompressed .UIF file to output full .ISO file. Used ImgBurn to try and create back up. Same result.

Can anyone out there confirm updating their D1 with this file??

Thanks to everyone who's responded.