AVIC411.com

I just read in the PDF for the Z110 that the MSN Direct tuner is optional? Can anyone confirm this?

MSN Direct*1

– The AVIC-Z110BT is designed to interface with an optional MSN Direct tuner

to provide users (who subscribe and pay for the MSN Direct service) with updated traffic

information.

Ya I just noticed that "ND-MDT10 MSN Direct Tuner" is listed as an accessory for the AVIC-Z110BT.

Just checkin out the price for the Z110BT is $1,800.00 Seems a lil steep for my blood. Thought it would be cheaper but I guess its way up.

I thought $1,800.00 was the MSRP for the AVIC-Z(1-3). And pre-order is $1,599.99 at Crutchfield. Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT at Crutchfield

Pioneer's website shows the Z110 with an MSRP at $1800.

Ya I meant that the MSRP at 1800 is nothing new.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about quick access to muting the navigation?

I'm very curious about this as well. That's the only hack I have currently and I don't want to be without it :)

Same here on that one, that is easily my most used feature of the navigation. I'm really going to try to make the new F 3.0 update work since $1600 + $100 for MSN receiver is kinda steep considering what that could buy me in the speakers/amps department. I'm still on all stock speakers with a cheapy $100 sub on a Pioneer 360w monoblock.

says...

Differences between the X7 and X9 include the inclusion of a built-in MSN Direct tuner and CD/DVD video playback in the X9. These features are not available in the X7. The X7 is priced at $700 and the X9 at $1,100.

I'm seeing prices all over the map. Crutchfield pre-order for X7 is $900. This place - http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/ has the X7 preorder for $789 ($250 more than the F7 - ouch).

Pioneer says $1,000 for the X7.

Man, I hope I can reel in an X7 for $400-500.

Ok so most of the F90BTs are around 600-700 online.

While the X serie is around 1100.

How do they justify this 500$ increase if the 70$ 3.0 is supposed to be the equivalent of the X?

(excluding minor faceplate changes, apple chip, etc)

EDIT//

OK nevermind apparently crutchfield price for both F90 and X is 1,100.

I wonder if amazon, soniceletronics, etc will have a price closer to the F90bt when the X comes out.

So from what I've found, the U310BT doesn't support voice control for iPods. Is that true? I would rather get an X series, but car theft is so high in Charlotte that I need something with a detachable face. My window was smashed over the weekend because I left a bookbag in the back by accident. :evil: Any other limitations to the U310 that I should know about?

Wow these all look like great units. I am curious to know more about the AVIC-U310BT as well. I am in the market for a new unit and I have never had any AVIC before. Curious to know.... I can get a AVIC-F90bt for the same price as a AVIC-U310BT!! Is this the better route to go since the software update will basically make it an X series? I dont use video in the car, just want the up to date navigation and speedy technology.

MC~