AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

If this 3.0 is good, spend some damn money and upgrade. Most of us here paid ~$600 or so for these things. Another $130 still makes this a damn, damn good price for a unit.

but not of all of us have $130 to spare, i myself don't have an extra $130 for the updated maps, that's why i'm modding my unit to get the most out of it, even if it means spending 5 hours a day figuring things out

Without getting too mean...

But you spent ~$600 on the unit? That baffles me.

I mean, don't get me wrong.. if it comes out on BitTorrent, of course I'll download it. But $130 is not asking a lot at all considering it's a multi-year investment.

well i don't know about you but the money i spent to buy my unit was hard earned, and i mean hard earned

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i don't know about you but the money i spent to buy my unit was hard earned, and i mean hard earned

Same here. I'm just saying I think it's a worthwhile investment :) Just like how you bout this great unit, instead of some knockoff brand one. It's a good investment, at least I think so. Either way, do your own thing.

I think it's a lot, especially since many of us only paid $350 for the F700BT. $350, and then over a third (cloe to half!) of that more for a software update?

ahhh. touche. Sorry, I keep thinking this is a forum for the F90BT... i've only been here for a couple days, so it'll take some getting used to.

Yeah, that would be rough.. paying that much of a percentage. Point taken.

I have to agree with Bloodninja. Its an investment and unless you're a Rockefeller, all money is hard earned. Like some here, I got my F700BT for about $350. Now add $130 map upgrade and you have a really decent, up to date GPS for under $500.

At the risk of ripping-off The Who, I call that a bargain. :wink:

Charlie

The only reason I won't pay for the 3.0 update is because I'm probably going to buy the Z110 instead. After watching those demo videos, i'm really impressed. I'll probably end up either selling the F900 to a friend or giving it to my dad, so if 3.0 is available freely I will download it, if not I can wait a few months until i save up fo the Z :D

I'm going to buy the thing either way, and once I use it and make sure it works, I'm glad to share it with anybody. Do you just upload files to an FTP site or something?

you could upload it to sendspace, or rapidshare or something similar.

I'm glad to do any of that, provided that someone using the files with an activation code wouldn't make mine go dead. Surely there is no way for that to happen.

Either way, I'm spending the $130 the freaking second it hits the shelf, so once I install, I'll ask you guys what to do.

I'm glad to do any of that, provided that someone using the files with an activation code wouldn't make mine go dead. Surely there is no way for that to happen.

Either way, I'm spending the $130 the freaking second it hits the shelf, so once I install, I'll ask you guys what to do.

Thats cool bro if you are going to do it, but i would be happy to paypal a couple bux your way. That is your money that you spent to update your unit so if you are going to share it shouldn't you be able to recoop some of that cash?

Thats cool bro if you are going to do it, but i would be happy to paypal a couple bux your way. That is your money that you spent to update your unit so if you are going to share it shouldn't you be able to recoop some of that cash?

Yeah, ecpiii, I'd paypal you a few dollars too...

They said it will have a key to install, but really whats stopping us from all using the same key? Unless we have to give them our SN at the time of purchase which they then generate the key off of (and i highly doubt that), theres no reason the same key can't be used more than once. Its not like the units have internet access to "phone home" like Vista does.

If it requires a key and we are only able to use it once, can't we take a virgin copy, apply the upgrade and then distribute it to the group who bought the upgrade? just a thought!