AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

Oh yea, believe me I know, I purchased the unit a couple months after it came out and there were only a few modders for it... I remember how annoying it was :lol: BUT you kinda deal with it, cant let it get to you, if it does and you put a hole through it you wont have ANYTHING to listen to :wink:

By the way, kids that should be a lesson for you! haha

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Wince update everything seemed to go ok,but when I went into test mode and highlighted my device , properties, it said it was version 5.0 still. How do you verify the WINce update worked?

Do you mean you don't see any difference in performance ? sounds like a waste of time.

Did this update hoping to see major improvements, and at first I was disappointed. But I realized that even though the unit seems to be completely booted it's still loading files in the background. After its done COMPLETELY booting up then you see the real improvements which are "eh".

You guys must be doing something wrong if the improvements are negligible. My improvements are like night and day all button responses are much quicker from the minute I can touch the buttons(with unit still loading). I can now type in a address without having to stop and wait for it to load. Im starting to think every unit is diff. because I have been completely satisfied since the day I bought it with 1.0 on it. Now I absolutely love it with a 45 second boot up time and absolutely zero lag on the button response, not to mention all the mods available for it. My fricking Garmin took atleast 30 seconds to load and that was just GPS, no radio, bluetooth, etc.

You guys must be doing something wrong if the improvements are negligible. My improvements are like night and day all button responses are much quicker from the minute I can touch the buttons(with unit still loading). I can now type in a address without having to stop and wait for it to load. Im starting to think every unit is diff. because I have been completely satisfied since the day I bought it with 1.0 on it. Now I absolutely love it with a 45 second boot up time and absolutely zero lag on the button response, not to mention all the mods available for it. My fricking Garmin took atleast 30 seconds to load and that was just GPS, no radio, bluetooth, etc.

I just updated mine and I also see an improvement and I am still using cmh's mod with it. Looks the same and definately faster than it was.

one guy punched the screen in.

How Childish... :roll:

not childish at all as i almost hammered my screen too when running the older firmware versions.

the deck sold as it was (before version 3) wasn't working correctly not even with the version 2 updates.

and what i find the biggest thing is with a simple WinCE update it runs like it should be from day one. why could this not being done before? and why is this in a pay package? why could they not creating a free version 3 OS only update?

sure now we have a way to do this but still lots of folks out there don't know how to do it what is logic as not every body can or will just hack his or hers deck.

bt

I tried this a few times but no luck. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Updated winCE and copy over the APL folder and the "System starting up" doesn't go away. Also map doesn't work anymore. I am from Canada, not sure if theres a difference between the US and Canadian system.

It was much faster with the winCE update but map didn't work so had to install 2.006 :(