AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

I have 3.020 US version installed. does that mean that i wont be able to get in to test mode? I saw on another post about holding the menu, map, eject and reset buttons during boot up but that seemed to be for a complete reinstall. I have tried to install the testmode on several SD cards with no luck. the cards are reconized but it still wont let me in. Is there a way to go back to 3.0 if i cant mod 3.020

Yeah, the Menu+Map+Eject+Reset method is to get into the eBoot Service Menu, not Testmode. If you've tried expanding Testmode 2.3 onto an SD card and you don't get any errors from the archive (typical error is a CRC32 problem on one of the .exes) and it doesn't boot to a Windows CE screen when you put the SD card in and turn on the radio, then you've likely got the unknown key file issue.

You would probably have a lot more replies and help if you started your own thread in the hacks/Mods section

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is sweet!! Can we have that one as well?

Yeah, inwill put them all up with the new update. I don't think that I will be adding much more to the mod itself, but I want to make a few more schemes though

That is funny, I was driving to work today looking at the sun bmp in the sky thinking of posting to you if you had a different file to use. Any chance you could email that to me, or a link to it? Can't wait for the next update abb

Nah, cant email it as you need an updated GFX file again, as well as the scheme. The new GFX file as well as new schemes and everything else will all be updated shortly. I dont want to set a time frame because I want to add a few more schemes and they are time consuming :(

Abb, can you tell me under what circumstance that I can see the sun rise, or moon moving? I see a couple of time the sun in different places in the sky but can't determine its behavior.

Thanks.

The background changes with the direction that you travel. It is supposed to reflect a 360 degrees change, but unfortunately \i believe it is the limitations of the mapping software thast prevents it from being an 'actual' 360 degrees. Nonetheless, it changes with the direction that you travel to reflect realism

From what I can tell with my unit, you will see the sun in its exact postion in the sky during that time of the day, if it is too high in the sky (late morning to early afternoon) you will not see it. But the moon does not funciton this way, unless the moon is "hard coded?" in the scheme, as it is with abbs files, then you will not see it in the exact position in the sky.

From what I can tell with my unit, you will see the sun in its exact postion in the sky during that time of the day, if it is too high in the sky (late morning to early afternoon) you will not see it. But the moon does not funciton this way, unless the moon is "hard coded?" in the scheme, as it is with abbs files, then you will not see it in the exact position in the sky.

Exactly, unfortunately, I have my sun and moon hardcoded into the image as that is the only way I can get an actual and realistic looking moon and sun into the scheme. The direction is exact, or pretty close to it as the sun and moon go in an east/west location. The height will not change in my schemes though

Exactly, unfortunately, I have my sun and moon hardcoded into the image as that is the only way I can get an actual and realistic looking moon and sun into the scheme. The direction is exact, or pretty close to it as the sun and moon go in an east/west location. The height will not change in my schemes though

But currently I am using your scheme/gfx and the sun follows the actual path it is on? but I am using stock sun image. Even if it is renamed to sp.spr and sp.bmp it won't show actually path?

The 'new' sun, that you guys don't have yet. That is why it looks so realistic. I prefer to just hardcode the sun and moon because if you do not, you may only see them 6 hrs a day total (3 moon, 3 sun). eg, when on a sunny sky at 1:30 pm, you will see a sun in reality, but you will not see it in the GPS because it is too overhead. That was my initial reasoning that I hard coded the moon in my shemes is that you would never see the moon otherwise and when ou did , it was not realistic looking at all, justy a large white dot.