AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Hello Abb. I have been a big fan of your posts and info for a long time. I recently got an F500bt and was disappointed with it's appearance, until I came across your postings and saw your chrome mods. They are awesome!!

But.....I am having some trouble with the Nav Mod. I installed the ChromeImage V1.2 with no problem, and I even changed a few things on it, only some bmps, nothing major.

When I went to install the Chrome Nav Mod V1.65, your GFX Folder, and Schemes.......my main screen gets frozen with the "system startup in progress. please wait" message, and it will not go away after waiting like 20 min. Restarted, and no help.

I think that I followed your instructions correctly, but I cannot be sure. So here are the details of how, what, and where I installed the Nav Mods........could you please tell me what I did wrong and help me fix this. I have a backup of my entire 'my flash disk', but I really want this mod running. Many, many thanks if you can help me out.

Here is what I did..........

I downloaded your Chrome Nav Mod V1.65.rar

I extracted it with 7zip

I copied and pasted your data.zip file to - my flash disk/APL2/igo/

I copied the items in your 'put in apl2-igo' folder which were - extension folder, BULLPEN3D.ttf, DS-DIGI.ttf, SYS.txt, TAHOMA.ttf, and TAHOMABD.ttf

I pasted these to - my flash disk/APL2/igo

I extracted your GFX.rar with 7zip

I copied and pasted the GFX Folder to - my flash disk/APL2/igo

I extracted your Schemes.rar with 7zip

I copied and pasted the schemes into - my flash disk/APL2/igo/content/scheme

I then shut down the unit, took out the card, rebooted, and the splash comes up, then the main screen, but the startup message never goes away. I can however click on the contacts and a/v buttons and I can use those. No nav. Oh yeah, and there is no sound from the buttons either......??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me figure this out!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Abb. I have been a big fan of your posts and info for a long time. I recently got an F500bt and was disappointed with it's appearance, until I came across your postings and saw your chrome mods. They are awesome!!

But.....I am having some trouble with the Nav Mod. I installed the ChromeImage V1.2 with no problem, and I even changed a few things on it, only some bmps, nothing major.

When I went to install the Chrome Nav Mod V1.65, your GFX Folder, and Schemes.......my main screen gets frozen with the "system startup in progress. please wait" message, and it will not go away after waiting like 20 min. Restarted, and no help.

I think that I followed your instructions correctly, but I cannot be sure. So here are the details of how, what, and where I installed the Nav Mods........could you please tell me what I did wrong and help me fix this. I have a backup of my entire 'my flash disk', but I really want this mod running. Many, many thanks if you can help me out.

Here is what I did..........

I downloaded your Chrome Nav Mod V1.65.rar

I extracted it with 7zip

I copied and pasted your data.zip file to - my flash disk/APL2/igo/

I copied the items in your 'put in apl2-igo' folder which were - extension folder, BULLPEN3D.ttf, DS-DIGI.ttf, SYS.txt, TAHOMA.ttf, and TAHOMABD.ttf

I pasted these to - my flash disk/APL2/igo

I extracted your GFX.rar with 7zip

I copied and pasted the GFX Folder to - my flash disk/APL2/igo

I extracted your Schemes.rar with 7zip

I copied and pasted the schemes into - my flash disk/APL2/igo/content/scheme

I then shut down the unit, took out the card, rebooted, and the splash comes up, then the main screen, but the startup message never goes away. I can however click on the contacts and a/v buttons and I can use those. No nav. Oh yeah, and there is no sound from the buttons either......??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me figure this out!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Did you delete ALL the files in in your SAVE folder?

Oh hell, no I did not. That was not in the instructions that I found. Could you please tell me how to do that?

Go into test mode and navigate to my flash disc/user/userdata/igo/save

Then delete all the files in there.Good Luck!

Your installation process was good, there should have been no problem with that. The reason that you get stuck at the "system startup in progress. please wait" message, is because as the system is booting up, it cannot access the Data.zip for one of three main reasons. 1- it cannot read your Data.zip, or 2- it is looking for a scheme that is not present, 3- it is looking for a code that is not functional.

2&3 should not be the issue if you downloaded the rar files as they are intact and the schemes should be pioneers default. here is what I would do -- Redownload the 'Abbs_Chrome_Nav_Mod_V1.65_-AV.rar' file.

This is important- It is a .rar file, so USE WINRAR TO EXTRACT IT, NOT 7zip! I use 7z for my image.res file and winrar for my NAV. Your Data.zip could have been corrupted through the extraction which is what I think happened. Try this and if that does not work, bypass the system startup in progress screen by clicking the map button and give me the error message. I think though that using winrar to extract the .rar file will do the trick. Also, make sure that you delete the save files like Ovalball has said as this should be done whenever changing a Nav mod.

Also, I will be posting a fairly large update this weekend including the 'The Chrome Theme' and the 'Chrome Nav Mod', as well as more schemes that I designed with a new GFX folder, so you will probably be doing this all again :)

Ok thanks Abb.....I am going to do that now. On the winrar, which version do I use, the 32bit or 64bit? My system is a 64bit windows 7 Enterprise so do I use the 64bit?

Damn, I did not think that there was a 64 bit version as I have Win 7 64-bit and I use Winrar 3.40 that I have always used. If it gives you an option though, use the 64-bit. Let us know how you made out!

Ok, I downloaded winrar, re-downloaded you nav mod 1.65, extracted the data.zip, put it on clear sd card, booted into testmode, deleted old data.zip and pasted new, deleted contents of save folder, shut down, removed sd, restarted, and...........still have the startup message on the menu.........won't go away. What next?? :(

Ok, I re-downloaded all 3 files - the nav mod v1.65, the gfx folder, and the schemes folder. I use winrar to extract them all. Using the same installation method as I used above, I replaced all of the same existing files that were on there with the newly downloaded and extracted ones.

No change....still have the startup message, no nav, and no button sound.

When I install the schemes to the unit, I am supposed to copy JUST the theme zips to the myflashdisk/APL2/igo/content/scheme folder correct?

Or am I supposed to copy the entire folder with the zips inside to the schemes folder? Or into the CONTENT folder? Does it matter that the folder in CONTENT is named "scheme" and not "schemes", which is how your instructions label it?

I know I can fix this, I am just overlooking something..........help help

Ok, I downloaded winrar, re-downloaded you nav mod 1.65, extracted the data.zip, put it on clear sd card, booted into testmode, deleted old data.zip and pasted new, deleted contents of save folder, shut down, removed sd, restarted, and...........still have the startup message on the menu.........won't go away. What next?? :(

What firmware are you on?

What firmware are you on?

Yes, you have to have firmware 3.0 installed on your Avic (which is what everyone pretty much has) as all the latest mods are based on IGO 8.3 whereas Firmware 2.0 is based on IGO 8.0.

When I hit the map button on startup mode, it switches to the nav warning screen with the startup message covering the ok button. There is no error message, but the unit seems to freeze then, cannot go back or get off the screen.

As far as my firmware, uhh I have not done any kind of upgrading myself since I got it on that. I do know that when I got it, I went to the pioneer website and was going to get the latest upgrade that they supply, but the version that was in my unit was already a later version than theirs that was available. I dont think it was 3.0 though, maybe 2.06, is that a correct version?

So what to do?

When I hit the map button on startup mode, it switches to the nav warning screen with the startup message covering the ok button. There is no error message, but the unit seems to freeze then, cannot go back or get off the screen.

As far as my firmware, uhh I have not done any kind of upgrading myself since I got it on that. I do know that when I got it, I went to the pioneer website and was going to get the latest upgrade that they supply, but the version that was in my unit was already a later version than theirs that was available. I dont think it was 3.0 though, maybe 2.06, is that a correct version?

So what to do?

You have to get the 3.0 firmware. It is a huge download which you should be able to get here http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751 or you can get the legit update through pioneer which will cost you about $65 because it has the latest map updates. I have purchased the legit update but because of mods had to get the version from above anyways. Version 3.0 is initially for the x series, but is used for the F series as well. Pioneer charges for this update for. the F series because it has a major map update besides the firmware update. I would suggest that you get this if you plan on doing ANY mods in the future.