AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Any reason to move from the beta to the official?

The official release has a bunch of bug fixes, most related to the landscape lock. The settings menu is also a bit different, but it's only a cosmetic change.

I'm using an Iphone4 that I keep tucked in my center console since I've upgraded to an iPhone5. This is because there is no current support for the iPhone5. Because I leave the phone in the car it would be excellent if you could tweak the app (or develop a separate plug-in) that when the phone senses that it's connected to a charger that it autolaunches the iPhone's AppRadio application. I've searched all of Cydia and I haven't found any app that will let me launch or terminate apps based upon detected charge status. Ideally, I'd like to auto-launch AppRadio upon a charger being detected and when the charger is no longer detected (i.e. phone unplugged or vehicle turned off) AppRadio, Pandora, TomTom or any other GPS app would auto terminate. If any of these apps stay running, even the AppRadio app then I find I have a dead battery the next morning. Just an idea that I'm sure others would imploy, especially since many are stuck using a legacy iDevice due to no iPhone5 support.

The AppRadio app should automatically launch when you plug the phone in if you have the latest firmware installed. You just need to set the bypass to 'Accept' in the AppEx settings.

Activator (available on Cydia) has a trigger for accessory connected and accessory disconnected. I know you can launch an app when you plug the phone in but I'm not sure if you can kill an app when unplugging it.

I'll take a look and see if there is an easy solution to the disconnect issue.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using an Iphone4 that I keep tucked in my center console since I've upgraded to an iPhone5. This is because there is no current support for the iPhone5. Because I leave the phone in the car it would be excellent if you could tweak the app (or develop a separate plug-in) that when the phone senses that it's connected to a charger that it autolaunches the iPhone's AppRadio application. I've searched all of Cydia and I haven't found any app that will let me launch or terminate apps based upon detected charge status. Ideally, I'd like to auto-launch AppRadio upon a charger being detected and when the charger is no longer detected (i.e. phone unplugged or vehicle turned off) AppRadio, Pandora, TomTom or any other GPS app would auto terminate. If any of these apps stay running, even the AppRadio app then I find I have a dead battery the next morning. Just an idea that I'm sure others would imploy, especially since many are stuck using a legacy iDevice due to no iPhone5 support.

Take a look at KillBackground (in Cydia). Just set the accessory disconnected action to use this and it should close all backgrounded applications.

The official release has a bunch of bug fixes, most related to the landscape lock. The settings menu is also a bit different, but it's only a cosmetic change.

The AppRadio app should automatically launch when you plug the phone in if you have the latest firmware installed. You just need to set the bypass to 'Accept' in the AppEx settings.

Activator (available on Cydia) has a trigger for accessory connected and accessory disconnected. I know you can launch an app when you plug the phone in but I'm not sure if you can kill an app when unplugging it.

I'll take a look and see if there is an easy solution to the disconnect issue.

Thanks Mike, I didn't even think about activator having an accessory connected trigger. I got it all working now, except for some reason when activator launches the AppRadio application it crashes if I'm plugged into my Pioneer. If I'm plugged into a wall charger it doesn't crash. Anyway, I solved the issue by having activator launch Pioneer's "Car Media Player" app instead, which appears to work with the AppRadio app and it automatically switches over.

KillBackground also works, but it kills the background only. If I leave TomTom open and shut-off the car killbackground (for obvious reasons) won't close it. I have to remember to go to the home screen or to something that I don't mind remaining open like the Music app.

Once again, thanks for everything.

Has anyone been running the non beta appex. Is it stable I used the beta and crashed my email. Also is it still ios5 only.

Mike on another note I am working on getting the API. Not sure if it will cost me. But willing to pay if you think it will be helpful to you. I have my develop lic but hardly ever use it. Pioneer has got back to me about the API I just have to call and find out. I'm working on a app for personal use and wanting to use it for the radio. If it would be helpful I can see what I can do.

Has anyone been running the non beta appex. Is it stable I used the beta and crashed my email. Also is it still ios5 only.

Which beta were you running? I fixed a bunch off issues that caused conflicts with the mail app.

It's still iOS5 only. Working on the iOS6 update.

Which beta were you running? I fixed a bunch off issues that caused conflicts with the mail app.

It's still iOS5 only. Working on the iOS6 update.

Found out what happen my iphone did an auto update to ios6 and it messed everything up. So i just installed everything on my ipad og. So i should be good for now. Or until i can test it all out i get my appradio in two days.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey Mike,

I'm having a weird issue with my system and I'm not sure what to do. I have the AVH-P8400BH. I had a iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 and the extensions seemed to be working perfectly. But the iPhone 4 was very slow (all functionality, not just AppRadio), and I REALLY wanted Siri so I recently upgraded to an iPhone 4S. My new iPhone 4S is also on 5.1.1 Before I jailbroke the 4S, I tested AppRadio and it seemed to be running correctly. I then jailbroke the device, installed SBSettings, AppRadio Extensions from Cydia (latest version as if this writing) and a few other tweaks. Now, every time I go into Advanced App Mode and start up the AppRadio app, the radio screen stays blank and the AppRadio app stays at the initial connect screen. I did some searching in this forum and learned how to delete AppExt settings and re-install which I did several times without success.

In a nutshell, the AppRadio app only seems to work when I've disabled Mobile Substrate which I'm assuming means that AppExt is basically disabled. Also, it appears that the AppRadioExtensions folder is deleted whenever I delete AppExt. Is that how it's supposed to work? Do you have any ideas what else I can try short of restoring the iPhone. I don't have the 5.1.1 SHSH blob saved for this 4S so, from my understanding, there's no way to restore the iPhone to factory 5.1.1 and start again.

In a nutshell, the AppRadio app only seems to work when I've disabled Mobile Substrate which I'm assuming means that AppExt is basically disabled. Also, it appears that the AppRadioExtensions folder is deleted whenever I delete AppExt. Is that how it's supposed to work? Do you have any ideas what else I can try short of restoring the iPhone. I don't have the 5.1.1 SHSH blob saved for this 4S so, from my understanding, there's no way to restore the iPhone to factory 5.1.1 and start again.

You shouldn't have to restore. Can you try leaving MobileSubstrate enabled and disable some other tweak one at a time to confirm it's a problem with AppEx? You can do this with SBSettings.

I have everything running fine on my iPhone 4S 5.1.1, but I do notice sometimes that the radio doesn't acknowledge the phone. I either have to reboot the phone or the radio to get it working again. Not sure what the source of the problem is though.

You shouldn't have to restore. Can you try leaving MobileSubstrate enabled and disable some other tweak one at a time to confirm it's a problem with AppEx? You can do this with SBSettings.

I have everything running fine on my iPhone 4S 5.1.1, but I do notice sometimes that the radio doesn't acknowledge the phone. I either have to reboot the phone or the radio to get it working again. Not sure what the source of the problem is though.

Mike, thanks for the suggestion. It appears that another tweak called NoAccSplash was conflicting with the AppRadio app and had nothing to do with your AppExt tweak.

Thanks again for all your work and help through this forum.

• RonS locked this topic