AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While at circuit city the other day, one of the guys said that a installer there was able to bypass the Z2. He said that there is a switch either on or in the unit to allow bypass. I find this highly unlikely, but wtf, if it is true then nice. If I can get more information out of him I will post it, but I think he's full of brown stuff.

I tore the whole unit apart, I mean gutted the thing, and there is no switch. I had a Z1 torn apart right next to a Z2 torn apart. I even switched the hard drives and processors and made the Z2 a Z1 and vise versa.

There is no switch period...

its sad to say, but i think im getting to the point where i give up trying to find the by pass...i know everyone is trying really hard to find one but in two days now there has not been a single post here...is it jsut that we are all starting to realise the same thing OR did u all find the bypass and just nto tell me...I KNOW WHO U PPL ARE ILL FIND YOU lol jk well was jsut hopeing this would spark the topic again and get people talking about it here is hopeing :)

The new Z2s that are arriving at dealers are bypassable. Only a matter of time now til someone figures out whats in the software to update the older ones to "bypassable"

its sad to say, but i think im getting to the point where i give up trying to find the by pass...i know everyone is trying really hard to find one but in two days now there has not been a single post here...is it jsut that we are all starting to realise the same thing OR did u all find the bypass and just nto tell me...I KNOW WHO U PPL ARE ILL FIND YOU lol jk well was jsut hopeing this would spark the topic again and get people talking about it here is hopeing :)
The new Z2s that are arriving at dealers are bypassable. Only a matter of time now til someone figures out whats in the software to update the older ones to "bypassable"

I am holding off on buying my Z2, in hopes that this is true, so I will hopefully get one that will bypass easily.

Purchased the Z2 today, should be here on Thursday. Will desperately try to find the bypass. I have one of the first D1's on the market and figured out the bypass (by myself) in a matter of a few hours... Lets hope for the best on the Z2!

ok here is what i have found out. There is a yellow dot on the master carton of the Z2 next to the bar code. Manufactured date is June. Just got confirmation that it was install and bypassed with full functions. customer was traveling at highway speeds with DVD playing and no grey buttons on the navi. the Z1 wiring bypass is the method

I broke down and went ahead and ordered my Z2. It should be here either friday or monday, ohh how I hope it has a yellow dot.

you wont see the yellow dot, what you need to look for is the manufacture date

So what is going to happen if I go ahead and ground the pin (same as the Z1 bypass) when installing it, if my Z2 is an earlier model??

I am thinking that it might make it just a bit easier when/if the update CD's do come out, so that I wont have to take anything apart to do the bypass.

ok here is what i have found out. There is a yellow dot on the master carton of the Z2 next to the bar code. Manufactured date is June. Just got confirmation that it was install and bypassed with full functions. customer was traveling at highway speeds with DVD playing and no grey buttons on the navi. the Z1 wiring bypass is the method

Do we know yet how many miles driven or how long this has been in use? isn't it possible that we will see it revert to limited function when the GPS reaches its full synch?