AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

I'm finally getting ready to do my Z1 to Z2 upgrade by loading the Z2 image onto a new hard drive. My question is, does the new Z2 image contain any of the following updates: Bluetooth(to stop the echo), Gracenote or the Z2 firmware? If not, is it recommended to do these updates after the Z1 to Z2 upgrade is finished?

Chris

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I want to thank everyone that contributes to this site. I have been lurking here for just a short time since I got my Z2 and this site has been indispensable.

Anyway, I have been trying to grab the Z2 image from seahawkfan' torrent for a couple of days now and I’m unable to connect to the seed, so I’m getting the image from the peers. Since I’ve started, 13 people have downloaded it but no one is sticking around to help seed. I’m asking anyone who grabs the image to please stick around for a bit and help seed. It will go a lot quicker for all of us.

Thanks again

Here's something interesting from ebay, seller nightime1978 - ebayer sells upgrade hard drives also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0204948399

Seller: nightime1978

Lot of 5 Toshiba Laptop HardDrives 40GB MK4026GAX 5400

UP FOR SALE IS (5) TOSHIBA 40GB LAPTOP HARD DRIVES. MODEL# MK4026GAX , THERE IS 5 DRIVES INCLUDES IN THE SALE AND 1 MORE EXTRA 40GB TOSHIBA DRIVE IF THE AUCTION REACHES ATLEAST $60. WHEN I PLUG THESE DRIVES INTO MY COMPUTER NOTHING HAPPENS, AND I COULD NOT GET THEM TO WORK. THEY ARE BEING SOLD AS NON-WORKING DRIVES. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THEM WORKING THEN THEY WILL BE GREAT DRIVES FOR YOU.

CONDITION: USED, NOT WORKING

hello guys well i am new to avic 411.. but i have owned my avic z1 for about 2 years now. and well i would like to upgrade it to the z2..

I am actually pretty skilled with computers and hardrives and backups.. i was just wondering what if say... you pull the hard drive from the z1. then hook it up to you computer... make an image/ or backup with partition magic 8.0.... and then do this task.. if it fails. just pull the harddrive out and format the HD. and but your backuped z1 files back on the HD. would this work?

sounds good then...

what about watching movies during motion.. i have just a permanently grounded parking brake wire.. would i need to buy that switch... or i was reading something that i just have to change two files in the z2 image....

one more questions.. are the ipod features fixed in the z2. like scrolling and viewing.. can i watch videos from the ipod with z2?

Just to give you an update on how I've setup the partitions size on an 80GB Toshiba HDD:

1. HDD connected via USB to my laptop

2. With Acronis Disk Director I have deleted all existing HDD partitions (if any)

3. With Acronis Disk Director I've created 4 partitions as follows:

LDATA - [ 20 GB FAT32 ];

SDATA - [ 2 MB FAT32 ];

MSV - [ 56 GB FAT32 ];

USER - [ 2 MB FAT32 ]

4. With Acronis True Image I've restore the Z2 img. in one session, one partition at the time to the corresponding new created partitions on HDD.

5. After all this process completed I modified backgrounds, etc.

So bottom line is that you can create partitions first (the size you want) and then restore the Z2 img. one partition at the time.

Cheers.

i have a few questions hopefully i wont get yelled at by anyone on here if i sound stupid but if i get a z1 and update it with z2 then ill have all the functionality of a store bought z2? also i dont want to go through the trouble of unlocking the drive and ive only had experience with drive locking with the original xbox so am i safe to assume that i just get a regular unlocked 2.5" drive throw the z2 image on it and it will work on the z1 without the need of locking and unlocking?