AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

i have a few questions hopefully i wont get yelled at by anyone on here if i sound stupid but if i get a z1 and update it with z2 then ill have all the functionality of a store bought z2?

Yes

also i dont want to go through the trouble of unlocking the drive and ive only had experience with drive locking with the original xbox so am i safe to assume that i just get a regular unlocked 2.5" drive throw the z2 image on it and it will work on the z1 without the need of locking and unlocking?

Yes, but make sure to get a Toshiba drive and disable security of the new drive before you plug it in the Z.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

First off, I'd like to thank everyone's hard work in find a nice hack to upgrade the Z1s to Z2s reliably. This saves the rest of us a great amount of time, effort, and also money.

I recently purchased the Toshiba 60GB off of NCIX (I'm Canadian and Newegg won't ship to Canada) :cry:

Nonetheless, I've been trying to download this for the past few days but it seems that no one is seeding or hosting it anymore.

Can someone please seed the Z2 image please? I'm willing to seed it and improve the sharing if I can get a copy of this. My ISP doesn't enforce my bandwidth.

Thanks,

Ryan

Finished the conversion of my Z1 to a Z2 with a new Toshiba 80 GB drive. Did the new gracenote update. I downloaded the new Z2 firmware, but was wondering if this is the firmware I should be using, since in reality it is a Z1. I've seen other posts asking the same question. Can anyone give an answer that has done the updat?

:(

Looks like the FTP server got hacked into, thought the user account was setup for no write but someone managed to delete the user account, I'm rebuildin FTP right now

ETA - When it's ready, it'll be ready

Hopefully there are some mirrors around, anyone gonna post their FTP mirror?

:(

Looks like the FTP server got hacked into, thought the user account was setup for no write but someone managed to delete the user account, I'm rebuildin FTP right now

ETA - When it's ready, it'll be ready

Hopefully there are some mirrors around, anyone gonna post their FTP mirror?

that explains why I couldn't log on today to dl... heh

thanks for putting it back up!

Finished the conversion of my Z1 to a Z2 with a new Toshiba 80 GB drive. Did the new gracenote update. I downloaded the new Z2 firmware, but was wondering if this is the firmware I should be using, since in reality it is a Z1. I've seen other posts asking the same question. Can anyone give an answer that has done the updat?

Z1 and Z2 are the same exact hardware. If you have Z2 software/firmware, you have a Z2.

Thanks for everyone's help with my install and Z1 to Z2 upgrade. This forum rocks. Everything is up and running perfectly.

Oh yeah........GIANTS 17 PATRIOTS 14, Unbelieveable. Looks like I'll have to use my navigation unit to navigate around the mass of people going nuts on the streets here in Flushing Queens NY. Great Game!

I didn't know there is an official upgrade for Z2...

Can someone provide the link?

Will it fix the bypass hack?

Question for you guys..

I owned a Z1 upgraded to Z2 on a 60GB HD.

Everything works great.

What i'm missing is the resize Music Partition.

I've tried resizing with Magic Partition but got numerous errors and couldn't ran the application. Also tried Acronis Director, but culdnt find the option to resize.

Have you guys tried any other software to achive this?

If so, please let me know.

I had my Z2 for couple of month so far and didn;t have any problems.

Any help would be awesome.

Thank you in advance,

Zeek

Yes.

Did someone install this update?

The only concern I have is if the hacks will be broken.

I don't want to have to re image the hard drive.

If you have this update installed, please let us know how your Z1-Z2 is running.

And you know what are the changes with this updates, will be great source of information.

Thank you,