AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

The 2 fields on the lower left corner (distance to Via point, and time to destination) appear to be fixed. When I change in the menu to different choices, nothing happends.

How do I change these fields.

With the new version, the demo mode stop button is now in the middle of the screen. Is this by design?

Not sure what you mean in your first part. What do you want to change? When you click it or what its displaying?

You can say its by design but not choice. I tried to move it. I could only move it left to right or up. I think its because its a sprite and the button is actually one large image with three different images built into it that render given a certain state. In this case it would not move down, I have a feeling, because of the larger image size. I had absolutely no place else for it. The only other place would have been above the route delete buttons but if someone activated the drop down menu there would have been overlapping. I chose to have it sit high rather than overlap stuff. Especially given the limited amount that its used compared to the other features.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how do i only get the nsew (compass) mod?

Go into the navigatemap-800-400 file and pull out the code for the compass. Then make sure you have the compass image in the proper directory for it to pull.

No idea on how to do that? I'm ok with adding data files and stuff.

how do i only get the nsew (compass) mod?

Go into the navigatemap-800-400 file and pull out the code for the compass. Then make sure you have the compass image in the proper directory for it to pull.

No idea on how to do that? I'm ok with adding data files and stuff.

I am not sure what you want to do with the compass. Open the file I mentioned (its in the compressed data.zip) and you will see this code:

;compass

You see above its referencing a bmp file. You need to make sure you have that bmp file in the common folder (in the data.zip) and you will have your compass. If you are adding this to your mods you are going to want to remove the old compass from the same file. Once done recompress it to make the data.zip with winrar and you will have your new file to drop into apl2/igo.

On the Map screen in the lower left corner above the street name sign there are 3 info boxes: Arrival Time, Distance to Via Point, and Elevation. In original Pioneer functionality the first 2 info boxes could be changed in the Settings, Navi Sattings, Map Visual Settings, Displayed Info. They are fixed now, and cannot be changed?

If functionality cannot be changed easily, can you change the (Distance to Via point) to (Distance to destination)?

Thank you.

On the Map screen in the lower left corner above the street name sign there are 3 info boxes: Arrival Time, Distance to Via Point, and Elevation. In original Pioneer functionality the first 2 info boxes could be changed in the Settings, Navi Sattings, Map Visual Settings, Displayed Info. They are fixed now, and cannot be changed?

If functionality cannot be changed easily, can you change the (Distance to Via point) to (Distance to destination)?

Thank you.

What is the difference between the two? I guess I don't know what "distance to via point" is.

The way it is works for me personally. I did these mods and am sharing them with the community. Having a goal of something you want to change is a great way to get started modding. Its how I got started.

What is the difference between the two? I guess I don't know what "distance to via point" is.

The way it is works for me personally. I did these mods and am sharing them with the community. Having a goal of something you want to change is a great way to get started modding. Its how I got started.

Distance to via point is the distance to an interim destination (if you are doing multi-point route). Distance to destination is for the ultimate final point.

Distance to via point is the distance to an interim destination (if you are doing multi-point route). Distance to destination is for the ultimate final point.

Ah thanks, I guess that does make sense. I will look into it.

I looked at them soon after Ben posted them. All appeared in order and what I noticed I commented on. You must have seen those. I've asked both yourself and 69six??? to try his zip and see if you have the same "problems". Neither of you replied if you did. Some units just behave differently for some stupid ass Pioneer reason.

I must have missed that recommendation. I will go back and look and see what zip you are talking about.

Hey N-S-E-W-

I used ben's mods on the way home today and got the 0's. Do you have your VSS hooked up? What does it do anyway if the GPS is sensin vehicle speed anyway?

I have the F500BT unit. There's no vss wire, plus I just use the cig plug. It's a mobile device that I move from car to car. For music I use the car stereo.

Sounds like there may be a wiring problem, but I don't know for sure. There's others on here that know much more about that than me.

I have the F500BT unit. There's no vss wire, plus I just use the cig plug. It's a mobile device that I move from car to car. For music I use the car stereo.

Sounds like there may be a wiring problem, but I don't know for sure. There's others on here that know much more about that than me.

My mistake. I completely forgot you had a 500. In my case I am sure its hooked up correctly as I researched the VSS wire when connecting it. But I can try disconnecting it since that seems to be the biggest difference between yours and mine. I know several people left it disconnected because they could not find where to connect it to and have had no problems in general. Maybe Bud has disconnected already his as I know he was going to try that.

Thanks!

My VSS is disconnected on my F90BT. Same ol, same ol. I do notice that it seems to be more accurate now as far as length to intersection, etc. Go figure :lol:

Look what I found while playing around with Gurjon's zip. Do you guys realize hoy many 1000's of people have this on their unit. The IGO community is pretty big. And while I was out playing I decided to catch a football game.

post-24694-12872758717734_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758718421_thumb.jpg

(Links updated 8/19/09. First post edited.) Fixes are new data.zip and sys.txt. If you want the sky to show in 3D map mode then edit out the commented lines in the map section of the sys.txt. Also edited navigatemap file to fix rebooting problem when saving a POI. Last change was to add in the GPS mods but those are now at the top above the your speed sign and all the signs below that have been moved down.

I want to have about .5 to .75 of an inch showing but I am not shure what to add or change in my sys.txt.

Any help would be very nice

Thanks

Self

ps i hate to ask such a newb question but thanks anyway