AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Everytime I boot I get the error that it can't load ui_pioneer/800_480/loading.bmp. Then it won't go to maps, and reboots after about a minute, repeatedly. Any ideas?

I have not seen this at all or heard anyone else having this either? Did you grab the latest version, delete your save files and if all else fails check to see if that file exists in the data.zip? I would do it but my laptop had an accident with a glass of wine and is out for repair.

I got this very same error applying your Oct 10th update to your earlier one, I beleive Oct 8th ver. I reverted back to the older ver to fix. I did check the the data.zip file and the loading.bmp file did exist.???

I am building up nerve to try again. I just finished reinstalling Windows CE, restoring back to stock ver 3.01, applying your mod. It is all working, but not with your Oct 10th mod.

I also can not add new schemes (only) from the GPSSoftware mod - do I need to add the hacked ezrider.exe????

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I saw this... putting on Dynamic volume seems to just crank the voice guidance volume to max. Turning it off again puts it back to normal. Do that until I can take a look at it. Thanks for finding it.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks, Alex. You're the coolest!

Well, for me, the size of the text is about as small as I would want it, without having to put my nose on the screen.

But I think if it were in feet, it would fit.

I'm at about 5900 ft where I live, and besides, I would prefer seeing 5900 ft anyway.

But I do love the mod. Just need to figure out all the new stuff.

Andy

Alex,

Been using your mod for 10+ days now and love it. Hope you're getting lots of paypals.

The only suggestion I might have (and its only a matter of personal taste) is to eliminate the black bar across the top or at least make it blue or green and very transparent . Don't eliminate the street name info or the clock, only the box behind it. I think the text will show up fine without the box and this would allow more sky to show without setting the tilt to 90 to see it.

If it's only a matter of commenting out a line of code to accomplish this, or if I knew what .bmp to change the color of, I'd appreciate knowing where and what. That way, I could just change my copy...

Thanks for all your work!!!! :D

Well, for me, the size of the text is about as small as I would want it, without having to put my nose on the screen.

I'm at about 5900 ft where I live, and besides, I would prefer seeing 5900 ft anyway.

Andy

It is in feet and 4122 ft has the 4 on the box left line. Please make box bigger.

Andy

It is in feet and 4122 ft has the 4 on the box left line. Please make box bigger.

Ok, I hadn't seen (since this mod) anything below 1 mile so didn't know it was still doing that. For me, it shows up as "1 mile 700 ft", or similar, and that is definitely too long.

So yeah, the box will have to be bigger even if in all feet.

aa

Alex,

Been using your mod for 10+ days now and love it. Hope you're getting lots of paypals.

The only suggestion I might have (and its only a matter of personal taste) is to eliminate the black bar across the top or at least make it blue or green and very transparent . Don't eliminate the street name info or the clock, only the box behind it. I think the text will show up fine without the box and this would allow more sky to show without setting the tilt to 90 to see it.

If it's only a matter of commenting out a line of code to accomplish this, or if I knew what .bmp to change the color of, I'd appreciate knowing where and what. That way, I could just change my copy...

Thanks for all your work!!!! :D

Same thought here. Would like to have the black bar transparent. Would be happy to change it myself if you could post the line code to do it. The only other thing for me is the dynamic volume....it goes from my minimum setting to my max volume when it reaches the set threshold with no change in between. Other than that, I like your mod better than any other I've ever used. A big thanks from me too. :mrgreen:

I just installed this mod last night. I must say that it is very impressive. I think this is the one I will be keeping.

I went for a short drive after installation and everything works very well.

I have a few questions I hope you wouldn't mind answering.

1. I noticed I have no poi icons such as gas stations or restaurants. Tried to figure it out to no avail.

2. Can anyone tell me what the "Run an Application" is about? Res info, File Explorer, Opera

Thanks...

Any information appreciated

diaftia,

Thanks again for continuing to update this. I love your previous version and just went to the new one. Overall I like it much better, but the one thing i'm struggling with is the search. before i would just hit POI, and i could type anything that i knew of, even if it was 450 miles away. for example i live in sacramento and my buddy has a shop in Los Angeles. I could type his shop name and it would find it. But now if i tell it to search it seems to only go about 140 miles away max. Previously i could search for home depot and it would show me tons of stores all over, some close some far.. But now it doesn't return as many. This is how my avic worked originally before i installed your older hack.

Perhaps I don't quite get the search, but with your old search button i could just hit search and type something. now i have to do it 1) around current gps location, 2) around location, etc. and it just doesn't seem to return the results it used to.

What am i missing here? i'm sure it's me :?

Thank you!

Diaftia, great work as usual. I was wondering about the POIs as well. Can you clarify? I ran across this topic in the forum and I wonder if its something you could add. Seems like it could be useful.viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28044. Anyway thanks again for putting all this together.

Go into settings for the POI, and click on manage, then you have to turn on all the poi icons, it can take a while and I have noticed after installing new versions, they all need turned back on.