AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything re: Z2... only Z1

What's the deal with the guy selling "AVIC-Z2 Bypass" for $2.99 on Ebay?

Has anyone paid for this?

I assume it doesn't work or people would be talking a lot more abou tit on here...

waiting for the eBay confirmation then I'll buy it to see what he's got, but I'm sure it's BS.

Just bought a service manual for AVIC-Z2

it is currently on my ftp server and here's the address:

ftp://dimaj.net

username: avic411

password: avic411

hope this helps :)

btw... donations are welcomed :) (j/k)

I can't log into your server, I keep getting incorrect password and stuffs :(. Did you take the site down for bandwidth issues?

has anyone thought about this...

Given we now have schematics for the Z1 per se AND we know that flashing the lights on the Z1 at power-up enables overrides,

We need to find the Z1 bootstrap code that looks at the lights (for bypass), then look "above and below" said code to find the calling code and what flag gets set etc.... THEN look at the Z2 code for the "above" code (it's likely that this hasn't changed because the bootstrap code is likely to basically stay the same)... maybe then, we migh be able to find the offending code easier and make a relevant patch

just my pennies worth

has anyone thought about this...

Given we now have schematics for the Z1 per se AND we know that flashing the lights on the Z1 at power-up enables overrides,

We need to find the Z1 bootstrap code that looks at the lights (for bypass), then look "above and below" said code to find the calling code and what flag gets set etc.... THEN look at the Z2 code for the "above" code (it's likely that this hasn't changed because the bootstrap code is likely to basically stay the same)... maybe then, we migh be able to find the offending code easier and make a relevant patch

just my pennies worth

I see you haven't been keeping up with the thread :wink: