AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hey guys Im a neewbie at this stuff , but just letting you guys know that this worked flawlessly, just follow MyITGuy's directions and you cant go wrong . Great job!!!!

Now can ver. 3.1 from pioneer be used with out a problem ?

there is no ver 3.1 only 3.020200 ...

I just installed 3.0. Wow what a difference! But I still have a problem. My TTS still does not work though. Neither will my bluetooth, my phone will connect but when I try to transfer my contacts it says "no phone number" and when I try to make a call using the dial pad, I don't hear anything. any ideas?

Nevermind. Somehow everything works now :?

I'm using the files from MyITGuy. I booted into service mode and followed the first few steps to upgrade the WinCE files. Everything went okay and upon completion got the "CE Upgrade OK Please Reset Your Device".

However when I reset the device the system reboots to the Pioneer splash screen then shuts down! I have to press the Reset button to turn the unit back on but then it shutsdown after the splash screen again.

It will not boot anymore regardless if there's an SD card in the slot or not! Please help me.

I'm using two SD cards, one had the WinCE update files (WINCEIMG.BIN & WINCEIMG.CKS), the other SD card has the two folders from the MyITGuy download (MY_FLASH and TESTMODE). After updating the WinCE files I inserted the 2nd SD card. I even tried deleting the second SD card and only copy over the TESTMODE folder. Nothing

I'm using the files from MyITGuy. I booted into service mode and followed the first few steps to upgrade the WinCE files. Everything went okay and upon completion got the "CE Upgrade OK Please Reset Your Device".

However when I reset the device the system reboots to the Pioneer splash screen then shuts down! I have to press the Reset button to turn the unit back on but then it shutsdown after the splash screen again.

It will not boot anymore regardless if there's an SD card in the slot or not! Please help me.

I'm using two SD cards, one had the WinCE update files (WINCEIMG.BIN & WINCEIMG.CKS), the other SD card has the two folders from the MyITGuy download (MY_FLASH and TESTMODE). After updating the WinCE files I inserted the 2nd SD card. I even tried deleting the second SD card and only copy over the TESTMODE folder. Nothing

~EDIT~

Turns out the Testmode Folder was not the current 2.3? I don't know but at any rate I DL'd a different Testmode file found in another thread. Now I'm able to boot into Testmode, however when I copy the contents of My_Flash over to the My Flash Disk drive and reboot I get the splash screen to black screen again... still.

and NO I'm not copying the FOLDER "My_Flash" over; I'm copying the CONTENTS within the "My_Flash" folder over.

Please help!

~EDIT~

Turns out the Testmode Folder was not the current 2.3? I don't know but at any rate I DL'd a different Testmode file found in another thread. Now I'm able to boot into Testmode, however when I copy the contents of My_Flash over to the My Flash Disk drive and reboot I get the splash screen to black screen again... still.

and NO I'm not copying the FOLDER "My_Flash" over; I'm copying the CONTENTS within the "My_Flash" folder over.

Please help!

I'd suggest starting the process over from start to finish.

Also, have you checked the MD5 sum of the files you downloaded, I posted the values here recently, don't remember if I updated my original post.

I ask since the testmode folder worked for me with two different units, and as of today, over 1000 other people...so corruption of the files may be possible.

Wow so I finally got it working! Thank god!

Sadly all these days of scouring the forums and reading and re-reading hundreds of posts, I think it came down to the fact that the files I was using somehow got corrupt or didn't transfer properly from PC to PC.

I think my problem was a rather isolated incident so for most of you this probably won't apply but for the sake of documenting one more solution I'll explain:

BTW; MyItGuy's files worked fine. Use the Megaupload linked files not the torrents since they're probably not seeding anymore.

So what I was doing was downloading the files to my PC at home. Once they were downloaded I extracted them and burned them onto a dvd. Why? Because I was playing with my F700 while I was at work (working graveyard so I has plenty of free time), and I was able to use a desktop powersupply to power up the unit.

After the 3.0 update failed using the MyItGuy files, I tried reverting back to 2.0 using the same download and burn method mentioned earlier; again, transferring files to the AVIC while at work.

After, days and days of copying files back and forth to the unit I finally suspected something might be getting lost in the dvd burning process (i.e. system files not being copied and burned? Idunno...), so I brought the unit and a power supply home as a last resort.

After verifying the MD5 hash checked against the two rar files I started the whole procedure over again from scratch, this time transfering the AVIC files directly from my PC over to the SD card.

You can imaging my sigh of relief when I saw the "System is Starting Up" after the splash screen!

So there you have it! I can't tell you how much time I've wasted.

Plain and simple: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BURN THESE FILES TO A DVD!!!

If you have to, take the files you DL'd from MyItGuy and create an ISO out of them. Then burn that ISO to a disk.

But if that doesn't work then you'll know why. Work with the files locally to prevent any issues.

Sadly as part of my trying to get my unit back online I've overwritten the SDMLC files which from what I understand changes your serial number and disables any future upgrades. In hindsight this was a totally unnecessary step... so live and learn everyone!

Good luck!

Now I'm off to update 3.0 to 3.1! Sheesh, I'll never learn... :roll:

Alright, I finally got around to trying this today. Major problem occurred. Got to the blue screen, and had the SD card in, had no selection to update WinCE at all, went straight to the desk top. Using MtITGuys download.

Downloaded both files, unpacked part 1 which automatically unpacks both parts. I have test mode 2.3 on the SD card as well. I down loaded the files again, tomorrow I am going to unpack part 1 to get everything again to try this once more. Also one of the WINCEIMG files was a VLC file, is that supposed to happen? I do not remember off hand which file it was that was a VLC file though, wife is currently on that computer and I am not going to both her since is doing something for school on it. I need help here though. Something just does not seem quite right.

Alright, I finally got around to trying this today. Major problem occurred. Got to the blue screen, and had the SD card in, had no selection to update WinCE at all, went straight to the desk top. Using MtITGuys download.

Downloaded both files, unpacked part 1 which automatically unpacks both parts. I have test mode 2.3 on the SD card as well. I down loaded the files again, tomorrow I am going to unpack part 1 to get everything again to try this once more. Also one of the WINCEIMG files was a VLC file, is that supposed to happen? I do not remember off hand which file it was that was a VLC file though, wife is currently on that computer and I am not going to both her since is doing something for school on it. I need help here though. Something just does not seem quite right.

What do you mean when you say "went straight to the desk top"? Are you referring to the AVIC Main Menu (Destination, Contacts, AV Source)?

So you got to the Service Mode blue screen and what... saw there was nothing to select and reset the unit? or did you select something and it kicked you out of Service Mode back to the Main Menu? It would really help if you gave detailed specifics on what steps your taking and the immediate results of those steps.

If you had no option to update the WinCE files I can't see how you would've been sent back to the "desktop". You have to manually Reset the AVIC or kill power to the unit to exit the Service Mode.

A couple things to consider as your answering the above questions:

Make sure the two WinCE files are on the ROOT (top level) of the SD card and not in a folder. When you double click the SD card from your PC you should not have to open another folder to access the two WinCE files; they should be visible just after the drive letter path.

Also, be sure you’re entering in the service mode key strokes correctly. UP-UP-DOWN-MENU-LEFT-RIGHT. If you’re positive you’re entering the keystrokes properly what are the options you’re presented with at the next screen?

And don’t worry about the VLC files. That just means you have the VLC player installed on your PC and it’s associating the file extension of one of those WinCE files to the player.

Boot AVIC pushing reset, eject, menu, and map - pop sound from speakers release reset and eject, holding menu and map - then the following commands up, up, down, down, menu, left, right - put SD card in, goes to the WINCE desktop (calling it that because it looks like a computer desk top on a really small monitor). There is no options to update WINCE before it goes there, the unit goes to the desk top all on it's own. I can not open the the SD card to manually update anything.

I downloaded the information again. Today I am going to unzip it all, and try it all once again. I hope that it works this time.

If I can get this to work, the software bypass. Is it the same as it was with the previous updates? Like just replacing the data.zip file with another one with the information as you want it (so to speak).

A couple things to consider as your answering the above questions:

Make sure the two WinCE files are on the ROOT (top level) of the SD card and not in a folder. When you double click the SD card from your PC you should not have to open another folder to access the two WinCE files; they should be visible just after the drive letter path. That is exactly how I have it.

Also, be sure you’re entering in the service mode key strokes correctly. UP-UP-DOWN-MENU-LEFT-RIGHT. If you’re positive you’re entering the keystrokes properly what are the options you’re presented with at the next screen? Stays the same, until I put the SD card in, and then goes directly to what I am referring to the desk top.

And don’t worry about the VLC files. That just means you have the VLC player installed on your PC and it’s associating the file extension of one of those WinCE files to the player.

Thanks for that last bit of info, I was starting to think that was at least one of the problems I am having. Today I am going to try this all again. I have more time to do this as all I have to do is go to the elementary school and buy my daughter a new math book since she lost hers sometime last week and never said anything about it to me until her teacher did yesterday. If anyone has any insight as to the problems that I am having any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Okay, unit is rebooting after the pioneer splash screen and goes black. Tried doing the update again, when the system starts reading the sd card, the unit reboots without finishing the reading and never installs. Reboots during reading process, and goes black. WTF is going on?

Well I got it figured out and it now works perfectly. I think the test mode file in the download is the wrong one, not really sure. Since I have the test mode file from the download and another test mode that says 2.3. I just put them both on the SD card and one of the two worked for me. Now running 3.0 on the avic. Now to get the blue tooth firm ware update.