AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another fine piece of work. Abb ya did it again. this s@#t is amazing. idts were awesome but this is WOW. man and he even puts in schemes with moons and fog. and then tells ya how to put them in step by step. WOW, you cant go wrong here with this guy! Now if we can only get him drunk enough to slide an MSN icon on top. it will be complete. (You know im only kidding Abb as youve stated before you dont have it, and it wont be where you r, and cant test.) Dam Abb this mod Blows my little mind. Thanks a bunch and keep modding we r here for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! That's what makes posting this all worth while. Did you find the right download link?

Yea i did. i was in such a hurry to get it on i forgot to put in the new data zip. but your old data zip still worked with the new gfx and files in the (put in apl 2). now its on and works like a charm!!!!! MSN Shortcut

The following question is for all mods in general ... including the IDT and Abb's mods.

First question: I don't know why, I was unable to control the tilt-up/tilt-down correctly. After bringing the tilt control arrows up in the screen (by clicking the map), if I press once the down arrow, no more sky but only the ground. Idem for the up arrow. The stepping is huge! Where can I control this?

Second question: When I browse the map, with route or without route mode, most of the time it automatically reverts to the current position after about 10 seconds, time during which I actively browse the map for location. Can I disable this behavior and only return to the current position by pressing the MAP button?

Hi Abb, just a couple of observations ...

1) The "About" page is still not perfect (bottom text) ...

that is about as perfect as it is going to get as the smaller print is too small to work with

2) The "Quick Menu": Mute and Recalculate buttons are very responsible, but not the Day/Night Scheme and the Record/Log ON/OFF buttons. The Day/Night button responds only on first press, and it displays incorrectly day/night/automatic. Record button seems to respond only once two.

The day / night scheme, I am working on to try and perfect it. The tracklog button works good. I tried it with three tracklogs and they all worked successfully from start to finish. When you press it the first time, it records and the quickmenu dissapears. When you want to stop recording, bring up the quickmenu again and press the button again and it will stop. The menu will not dissapear when trying to stop it, but if you check in the console, you will find that it does stop and the event is recorded successfully

The following question is for all mods in general ... including the IDT and Abb's mods.

First question: I don't know why, I was unable to control the tilt-up/tilt-down correctly. After bringing the tilt control arrows up in the screen (by clicking the map), if I press once the down arrow, no more sky but only the ground. Idem for the up arrow. The stepping is huge! Where can I control this?

Second question: When I browse the map, with route or without route mode, most of the time it automatically reverts to the current position after about 10 seconds, time during which I actively browse the map for location. Can I disable this behavior and only return to the current position by pressing the MAP button?

These are all features that I believe are untouched from the original Pioneer Nav system, and I think that you will find this with all the mods. Question #1, this has never really bothered me as I have one setting and it is NEVER changed from that.

Question2, This bothers me sometime as well, but I dont have an answer for you. BorisM might have a better idea on that as his mod was recreated from the bottom up, so he should have an idea where the UI for the limitations are

Abb, do you have a graphical screen to show multiplanned routes in your mod? If so, how to access it?

Thanks.

The multigraph routes was untouched from IDT's mod as I don't use them. If IDT had it,which I am pretty sure he has, then I got it. All route options can be found in the route button while in navigation

Well, I have made a few minor updates that I should have released in the 1.5 update. I should have them ready tonight. These just include access to MSN Direct from the main screen, for those that have MSN in their area, updated 'quickmenu' which now features two Day/night' buttons so that the 'Auto' mode can be accessed (this was a bug in the original release), and an easier 'CLOSE' button. I also have the side navigation bar that now matches the bottom bar and it looks really sharp now. I have also made a slight update for my Chrome theme which includes a few fixes such as fading buttons when they are pushed and a few graphical improvements. That should be up tonight as well!

Here are some pics:

post-32106-12872762330046_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762331074_thumb.jpg

Abb,

This is just sweet. I have been using Dpdurst scheme for a while...(still love his mod though), but I just had to try yours. Excellent work. I had an issue with the mapchanger in a earlier mod, so I just kept it out this time. Just waiting for your "new" button to make it even nicer. Thanks a bunch.

Test drive tomorrow ... Any word about your Chrome theme update?

it is done and looking good, I just have to find the time to take pictures and post it. Posting all these mods takes more time than the actual mod updates themselves :(

Test drive tomorrow ... Any word about your Chrome theme update?

it is done and looking good, I just have to find the time to take pictures and post it. Posting all these mods takes more time than the actual mod updates themselves :(

Lot of changes?