AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

This really isnt a big deal as I never even noticed it and I dont really think any one else did....ever.

LOL ... so I keep finding things that people couldn't, I assume that I am the ONLY good tester for your mod :mrgreen: .

Well, you helped me fix a lot of things that would never have been noticed :)

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I do decide on this, I will let you know how to remove it. it is easy! It is still a bit away yet from a release as I am just playing around right now to get peoples feel. This mod is virtually bug free right now and the only updates will be graphical

I also hope people rise up to give opinion, but most of them are guests and just browsing, like I once did :oops: .

Please don't forget to checkout:

1) Fixing the schemes scrolling bar thing (upper left).

2) Shifting the reserved area for clicking for the on-screen trip computer (under the current speed).

Thanks.

I think at this point of the AVIC's life, you will not get many responses or feedback. I don't use the Nav regulalry enough to test everything out, and small bugs usually don't bother me anyhow. Can't wait for this 3d version to come out, looks good.

Another change that I thought was useful was that I put a voice guidance mute button in the speedometer screen. At first, I thought that it would be too much for that screen, but after putting it in, it actually looks allright and \i find it is muchly needed if you use this much. I will try to put up a pic later.

Hey Abb,

I just noticed that when you use the small simple red light/speed camera warning, it covers up the compass. Just wanted to let you know.

I dont know, we dont have speed cameras here so there is no way that I can test it . Can you post a pic so that I know what I have to work with. Thanks

Well, it will take some work, but I have decided to redo the 3D icons. I am not very happy with them at all, the work just isnt up to my standards. I have found a different way that I am going to try to do them, They will be done though, I just dont want them to look like a hack job

Well, it will take some work, but I have decided to redo the 3D icons. I am not very happy with them at all, the work just isnt up to my standards. I have found a different way that I am going to try to do them, They will be done though, I just dont want them to look like a hack job

Do you expect an update anytime soon?

:mrgreen:

Do you expect an update anytime soon?

:mrgreen:

Yeah, I got the icons all done now to my satisfaction. I just want to wait to make sure that I get everything. I am on holidays now, so I got time to play around :D, I just dont know what else there is. I am sure that I will find something!

Abb, can you please tell me whether the bar in the middle of the "Load Route" screen is intentional of is a mistake? There is also something just above the "Load Route" banner (a box).

Could you tell me how to remove them?

Thanks.

Well, if you have time, maybe check back this issue with a pic at page 18 ... toward a perfect mod, even this is proabably from other modders.

Well, if you have time, maybe check back this issue with a pic at page 18 ... toward a perfect mod, even this is proabably from other modders.

No, trust me, I spent a lot of time looking for this and I cannot even find the bmp for the invisible bar that is there. IDT might know as it is him that put it there, why, I dont know???? However, I think that you will not see IDT here anymore (unfortunately!)

The 'Load Route ' screen is kinda pointless anyways as it basically does the same job as the 'favorites' does

No, trust me, I spent a lot of time looking for this and I cannot even find the bmp for the invisible bar that is there. IDT might know as it is him that put it there, why, I dont know???? However, I think that you will not see IDT here anymore (unfortunately!)

The 'Load Route ' screen is kinda pointless anyways as it basically does the same job as the 'favorites' does

I was wondering where IDT was since he hasn't been posting for a while. Well at least he lasted for a while. Coders keep coming and going.

Well, Saved Route or Load Route is different from Favorites.

In Favorites, it saved only the target (one GPS position only), and you have to navigate from the current GPS position.

In Saved or Load Route, you can save an entire route, be it Fast, Scenic, Economical, Short or anything, and both Starting Point and Destination are saved (even Via(s) if any). So this will enable one to simulate a route of USA from a Canadian GPS position to see that what that route is all about (highway sign posts, speeds etc).

Actually, one can use Saved Route to debug scripts in the Emulator because it is not possible to acquire GPS signal in the Emulator.

:D