AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

absolutely loving the latest update (i5+x8500). home button for 3rd party apps works beautifully. calibration pretty damn close to perfect. left side of the screen needs some prediction but right side is spot on. great job! thanks mike 

i meant right side of screen needs prediction. left side (which i use the most) is spot on

Edited by IIIRAMOIII
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely loving the latest update (i5+x8500). home button for 3rd party apps works beautifully. calibration pretty damn close to perfect. left side of the screen needs some prediction but right side is spot on. great job! thanks mike 

i meant right side of screen needs prediction. left side (which i use the most) is spot on

That's so weird.  I have an iPhone 5 and a Z150 (and latest official release of appext)...the left side of my screen is a little off while the right side is spot on (in landscape).  I can actually fully use it except for any button presses needed on the extreme left side of the screen.

Also, LOVE the home button now, works perfectly.  It's so much better than pressing the black bars, for me anyways.

Lastly, the scrolling/dragging is working great too.  Before, I couldn't move the map around in Radarscope.  Now, it works like a charm.

Mike, any way to get the black bars removed (or at least have it as an option) to take full advantage of the screen now that the home button will do the same?

That's so weird.  I have an iPhone 5 and a Z150 (and latest official release of appext)...the left side of my screen is a little off while the right side is spot on (in landscape).  I can actually fully use it except for any button presses needed on the extreme left side of the screen.

Also, LOVE the home button now, works perfectly.  It's so much better than pressing the black bars, for me anyways.  Mike, any way to get the black bars removed (or at least have it as an option) to take full advantage of the screen now that the home button will do the same?

I actually agree here. Even just stretching the video or something since I know the aspect ratio doesn't match. It might then be easier to touch the correct places as well, but also will look better in my opinion.

Hi All,

Just wanted to add this to the official forum thread for AppRadio Extensions that with the latest beta on Mike's repo I was able to get my iPhone 3GS working with my AppRadio 1 (SPH-DA01). The trick was to install the Resupported tweak to enable the video signal to be transmitted to the AppRadio. I'm now using my 3GS as a dedicated device for the AppRadio instead of replacing the head unit now that I'm using the iPhone 5. I've setup data tethering to the 3GS which also shares GPS data. My only issue is getting the mirroring function to display full screen. As of right now, the mirrored screen is small and centered, but touch is working.

Also, to comment on the above, Waze is hands down my favorite navigation app. It's free, actually works with the AppRadio natively even though it's not officially supported and the live traffic/police/incident notifications as well as other social features are invaluable.

Mikedecaro, have you used the app AssistantLove? It's from Cydia, not from the App Store. It extends Siri's capabilities. One of the best ways it extends Siri is that in the settings for the app you can tell it which GPS app you use (Google Maps, Wazy, TomTom, Navigon, Motion-X, Motion-X Drive, or Motion-X Drive HD) and when you ask Siri for directions it will open the directions in the navigation app you have specified. This is perfect for using in the car with your AppEx!!

Note that I do not have an App Radio. I have the AVH-X5500BHS so I don't know if you can recreate my problem or not. The problem I'm having is that when I use Siri through Advanced App Mode on the radio and tell it where I want directions to it opens Navigon properly on my phone and starts directing me, but the screen on my radio stays black after I tell Siri where I want to go. I have to double-click the home button on my phone and open the AppRadio app back up on the phone. Then the main app screen opens on my radio and I press the button on the radio for Navigon and it opens Navigon on the radio and it is already in progress giving me directions.

This is SO CLOSE to an amazing solution. If only after I use the Siri button on my radio to tell it where I wanted to go if the radio would open Navigon since Navigon is now open on my phone. Even if the radio went back to the main App Mode screen after Siri would be better than having to click stuff on the phone itself.

Anyway, if you haven't checked out the app AssistantLove I definitely recommend you do.

Xa4 how do you like Navigon? Drive X took me to a non existant In N Out today :(

I'm not Xa4, but I've been using Navigon for over three years and I love it. I can't say enough great things about it. It has lane assist so on the highway it shows you which lane(s) you need to be in. It also shows the speed limit for the road you are on and your current speed. The biggest problem I have with most other GPS programs is that they can't find anything I'm looking for. One of the ways you can use Navigon to find a destination is using POI\Google Local Search. That finds ANYTHING. Since it uses Google local search (from within Navigon) if you're searching for a destination over about 10 miles away from where you currently are, just add the city name in the search box too. For example if I'm in NYC and I'm searching for the Hilton on Houston, I'd just use the Google Local Search within Navigon and type in:

Hilton Houston

From reading reviews on Navigon in the App Store I don't think many people understand how to use the local search in Navigon. Anyway, I love Navigon.

I'm occasionally getting the same "small screen" issue in Waze that some others have reported in Navigon. It seems to occur when I do something with the phone itself, like use the phone's touch screen or turn the phone on it's side (i.e. to landscape). Not sure which. I've also been getting the keyboard appearing on the phone rather than on Appradio sometimes in Waze.

Otherwise the new beta 17 is working great for me! Thanks Mike!

I'm on Appradio 2, iPhone 5, ios 6.1.2.

Xa4 how do you like Navigon? Drive X took me to a non existant In N Out today :(

I use iPhone satnav daily for work, that's why I bought the da100, and I've tried almost every satnav on ios, tomtom wins hands down, just need it to be full screen and were in business

Also, LOVE the home button now, works perfectly.  It's so much better than pressing the black bars, for me anyways.

Lastly, the scrolling/dragging is working great too.  Before, I couldn't move the map around in Radarscope.  Now, it works like a charm.

Mike, any way to get the black bars removed (or at least have it as an option) to take full advantage of the screen now that the home button will do the same?

I'll look into different sizing options (stretch, fill, etc).

I have an Iphone4 5.1.1(JB) with

AppRadioExtensions_2.0.0.deb

AppRadio app v2.1.0

Can I use with an Iphone4 5.1.1(JB)

AppRadioExtensions_2.1.0_Beta17.deb

AppRadio app v2.3.0

The beta versions do not work with iOS 5.

Mike also with this version I get NAVIGON in a really small version on the appradio, first it works but when I push navigate it became smaller.

Hope you can sorted it out :)

Thanks!

I'll look into it.

Hi All,

Just wanted to add this to the official forum thread for AppRadio Extensions that with the latest beta on Mike's repo I was able to get my iPhone 3GS working with my AppRadio 1 (SPH-DA01). The trick was to install the Resupported tweak to enable the video signal to be transmitted to the AppRadio. I'm now using my 3GS as a dedicated device for the AppRadio instead of replacing the head unit now that I'm using the iPhone 5. I've setup data tethering to the 3GS which also shares GPS data. My only issue is getting the mirroring function to display full screen. As of right now, the mirrored screen is small and centered, but touch is working.

Also, to comment on the above, Waze is hands down my favorite navigation app. It's free, actually works with the AppRadio natively even though it's not officially supported and the live traffic/police/incident notifications as well as other social features are invaluable.

It's most likely mirroring small because I didn't add support for the 3GS screen resolution. I'll add it to the next beta and we can go from there.

I installed SBRotator 6, but I can not understand how it works. Sometimes I turn the spirgboard sometimes not. Can you tell me how should I set it?

There are still bugs with SBRotator. It's on the todo list.

Mikedecaro, have you used the app AssistantLove? It's from Cydia, not from the App Store. It extends Siri's capabilities. One of the best ways it extends Siri is that in the settings for the app you can tell it which GPS app you use (Google Maps, Wazy, TomTom, Navigon, Motion-X, Motion-X Drive, or Motion-X Drive HD) and when you ask Siri for directions it will open the directions in the navigation app you have specified. This is perfect for using in the car with your AppEx!!

Note that I do not have an App Radio. I have the AVH-X5500BHS so I don't know if you can recreate my problem or not. The problem I'm having is that when I use Siri through Advanced App Mode on the radio and tell it where I want directions to it opens Navigon properly on my phone and starts directing me, but the screen on my radio stays black after I tell Siri where I want to go. I have to double-click the home button on my phone and open the AppRadio app back up on the phone. Then the main app screen opens on my radio and I press the button on the radio for Navigon and it opens Navigon on the radio and it is already in progress giving me directions.

This is SO CLOSE to an amazing solution. If only after I use the Siri button on my radio to tell it where I wanted to go if the radio would open Navigon since Navigon is now open on my phone. Even if the radio went back to the main App Mode screen after Siri would be better than having to click stuff on the phone itself.

Anyway, if you haven't checked out the app AssistantLove I definitely recommend you do.

As of now, apps can only be launched via the AppRadio app. The mirroring is triggered only when you press on an icon in the menu. I may be able to do something to fix this, but I can't promise anything.

I have bene using the AR3 in my car for two solid days and it is great (with APPEX) The only APPEX issue I am having is in the Pioneer screen sometimes and much less than in my video it takes several swipes to scroll screens. The only other request I have is being able to move icons and for them to stay. If I could do that I could have my most used apps on page one and not need to scroll.

Thanks!

• RonS locked this topic