AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

just placed my order as well. By now she already knew, didn't even have to tell her what the order was. I don't know if it was corina, but she sounded hott. Lol. $65 shipped + tax = $70.. i'm good with that, considering I didn't pay no where near the msrp for the unit.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since, everybody is ordering their own copies; I am wondering is this not shareable thing... i mean we could have bought couple of copies and shared among us..... i know $70 is not big deal but being a hacker whats a fun in buying lol ..... :lol:

If you guys think that this update is not sharable then please let me know i will also put my order!!!!

I am just curious and have a question for someone that successfully ordered the update. Did they ask you what your serial number was for your nav system when you were ordering?

I remember people saying the updates were linked to serial numbers and therefore not shareable. If people were able to order the update and no serial number information was given then that claim was bogus and the update could be shared.

just a thought...

I am just curious and have a question for someone that successfully ordered the update. Did they ask you what your serial number was for your nav system when you were ordering?

I remember people saying the updates were linked to serial numbers and therefore not shareable. If people were able to order the update and no serial number information was given then that claim was bogus and the update could be shared.

just a thought...

They did for mine. Searched for my name to make sure my unit was registered.

Since, everybody is ordering their own copies; I am wondering is this not shareable thing... i mean we could have bought couple of copies and shared among us..... i know $70 is not big deal but being a hacker whats a fun in buying lol ..... :lol:

If you guys think that this update is not sharable then please let me know i will also put my order!!!!

The map updates are not shareable! Quit asking this and try reading before posting things that have been covered millions of times already. Posts like this are why this is already 25 pages. You cannot share because of licensing for the map updates. Its no different than if you go to a store and buy an update for a garmin or tom tom. You have to register it by serial number when you install it. One update per unit.

just a thought...

Me too. I didn't think of checking my registration as a way or retrieving my SN# on my unit, but they pulled me up based on registration

she asked if I had an account. I told her I registered my unit. Then found me. I'm thinking they will link the S/N and data together. Or they must have included something in the sd cards so it can only be activated once. something along those lines. although, i can be completely off. :mrgreen:

just a thought...

Same here.