AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

I know this post will be lost among all the others, but I wanted to confirm that this worked for me perfectly and I have the AVIC-X710BT. I followed the guide to the letter and after 3 hours I had successfully installed the hacked firmware. 3 hours since I messed up at first and thought I bricked my unit :lol:

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Followed this guide except kept everything on the SD card (2GB) and re-arranged as needed to put proper files in root directory. Also deleted everything on My Flash Disk before copying over... My F700BT works AMAZINGLY NOW!!! The 3.0 update is the best thing EVER!!! Much better "bleep" sound, shortened and softer, and the response is fantabulistic! I can't believe it! Everything is INSTANT!!! Super happy!!! W00T!!! Now all I want is 3D Buildings, Speed Cams, custom color profiles, and a few mods from CMH's stuff from 2.0 like route delete stop button, push compass to change day/night mode, and I'd be even happier!

Does'nt the 3.0 give u the 3d buildings?

I'm not quite sure, I haven't driven near a building yet that used to be on there with my mod's... Remember, I have an F700BT so they weren't supposed to support 3D buildings in the first place... IF it added it that'd be amazing!

Did my update today, extremely easy just follow the direction exact and you won't have any problem. Navi works so much better now should have came from the factory this way!!!

Thanks to the original poster!!!

And the map scrolls soo much smoother while driving! I have an F700BT that doesn't have the VSS sensor so I always assumed that's why the maps didn't scroll smoothly! WRONG! Much better now!

For those of you Bittorrent n00bs, and don't have a bittorrent client installed, when you click a *.torrent file, it will just open a bunch of garbage because your browser doesn't know how to handle it.

as stated before, setup your favorite BT Client then Right click > Save target as > (Save somewhere on your computer) then double click it to open it with your BT client... :) I like to use ABC (another bittorrent client) very light weight and easy to use.

I'm not quite sure, I haven't driven near a building yet that used to be on there with my mod's... Remember, I have an F700BT so they weren't supposed to support 3D buildings in the first place... IF it added it that'd be amazing!

I have the F700BT and the the 3.01 firmware installed, and yes there are 3D building in it.

I have the F700BT and the the 3.01 firmware installed, and yes there are 3D building in it.

Awesome!

Any reason why you couldn't eliminate step 12 and just mod the park break speed to 256 in the DATA file in the flash dump that is being copied into the my flash disk before they are copied over opposed to copying the flash dump over and then recopying the DATA file? Same quesion goes for the 3.01 update writing over the 3.00 DATA?

I think that this tutorial needs to be completely re-written. It is a great tutorial, don't get me wrong, but there are quite a few people that are having problems with the instructions. I even had some problems with the instructions and I've had the F900BT since the week it was first released and I'm a computer engineering grad student!

The tutorial should be consolidated, it could probably be written in four or five steps with pictures accompanying each step. It should also be written for someone who has almost no knowledge of computers, because we ALL know that even people who have no idea how to copy and paste are going to attempt this update, and with an easier to understand tutorial we should be able to reduce some of the many posts from confused people.

Just my two cents.

I think that this tutorial needs to be completely re-written. It is a great tutorial, don't get me wrong, but there are quite a few people that are having problems with the instructions. I even had some problems with the instructions and I've had the F900BT since the week it was first released and I'm a computer engineering grad student!

The tutorial should be consolidated, it could probably be written in four or five steps with pictures accompanying each step. It should also be written for someone who has almost no knowledge of computers, because we ALL know that even people who have no idea how to copy and paste are going to attempt this update, and with an easier to understand tutorial we should be able to reduce some of the many posts from confused people.

Just my two cents.

Already done 8)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Insta ... rrent_File

Glad that's done. The only thing I'd add is to suggest running the Stylus Calibration utility in Control Panel the second you boot up in Testmode. Actually, the ideal thing here would be to make a new torrent with the modified data.zip already in the flash files, and a batch file that would automatically copy all the files onto the Avic. Doing that would eliminate most of the problems people seem to be experiencing.